Page 68 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I agree with you on a number of your points. I am guessing there would be more security in an effort to keep beer out of the hands of the under 21 crowd. Maybe I am wrong. You are correct, I don't know the numbers and I said as much. It more likely than not will happen someday, but we also need to factor in---from what I understand---the current President is pretty dead set against the idea.
    Also, The fairly large chip you have on your shoulder for El Chapo seems to factor into your thinking on this, and many other subjects.

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

I agree with you on a number of your points. I am guessing there would be more security in an effort to keep beer out of the hands of the under 21 crowd. Maybe I am wrong. You are correct, I don't know the numbers and I said as much. It more likely than not will happen someday, but we also need to factor in---from what I understand---the current President is pretty dead set against the idea.
    I would be willing to bet that the type of game will play a factor in sales too. I like to drink beer even though it is not my preference. But if there was a fairly close game going on with lead changes and so forth I would be most unlikely to abandon my seat for something I can have in another hour or two. On the other hand if there were a blowout in progress such as the MSU or Colgate games from last December then I STILL might not leave my seat. Or maybe I would. I know I have had a couple of beers during the Championship games down in Frisco - but my son goes off to fetch those up, I don't. For me the cost of the beer would not be a consideration especially knowing that the University is getting a cut.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I would be willing to bet that the type of game will play a factor in sales too. I like to drink beer even though it is not my preference. But if there was a fairly close game going on with lead changes and so forth I would be most unlikely to abandon my seat for something I can have in another hour or two. On the other hand if there were a blowout in progress such as the MSU or Colgate games from last December then I STILL might not leave my seat. Or maybe I would. I know I have had a couple of beers during the Championship games down in Frisco - but my son goes off to fetch those up, I don't. For me the cost of the beer would not be a consideration especially knowing that the University is getting a cut.
    This could all be true for certain people, but I think the length of the lines in order to get a beer would be the biggest factor in reaching or not reaching a projected sales number at a Bison Football game, not necessarily the game itself.

the current President is pretty dead set against the idea.
    I’d like to hear his logic on this, as well as the details of his plan to (1) improve enrollment and (2) raise $$ in general. Guessing he’s relegated this thinking to committees.

Bresciani can make 1 phone call to Rob Sobolik and poof beeris approved. period end of story, they have told our reporter that. Dean obviously has someone or group at NDSU opposing it. we need to expose that and end that practice.

at minimum 5000 people will purchase a beer at a game
    1000 will drink 5 or more
    3000 will drink 2-3
    1000 will drink 1-2
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

**How do you know it is going to be 20,000 beers a game? Average attendance for 10 games last year was 18,106. How many were under 21? How many don't drink? How many are going to buy an $8.00 beer when they can buy 24 on sale for $24.00? Does the actual number of beers sold decrease when the novelty wears off? The 20,000 beers a game is a guess.
    **Most years during the run we have had less than 10 home games. Even nine would be assuming the run continues.
    **You have a question mark after the Dome/Vendor/NDSU split, so that figure is a guess as well.
    **What is going to be the cost of increased security? Everything that I have read said this happens when beer goes on sale.
    **Do insurance costs increase? If so, who pays for it?
    **I am sure there are other questions that Chubbs could ask. How much money there is actually to be had is unknown to most of us peons.
    In a earlier post, I used tOSU’s numbers to come up with NDSU probably being able to generate about $250,000/year. I’m not sure if the tOSU’s numbers were just sales or also included the extra costs needed to deal with selling alcohol, but the amount isn’t as big as some want to believe it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    In a earlier post, I used tOSU’s numbers to come up with NDSU probably being able to generate about $250,000/year. I’m not sure if the tOSU’s numbers were just sales or also included the extra costs needed to deal with selling alcohol, but the amount isn’t as big as some want to believe it will be.

So, at this point, El Chapo’s guesstimates are just as accurate as your guesstimates. It’s just as accurate to say that the amount is not as low as some people want to believe it will be either.

Either way, I don’t remember anyone, regardless of position, suggesting it wouldn’t generate some type of profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    So, at this point, El Chapo’s guesstimates are just as accurate as your guesstimates. It’s just as accurate to say that the amount is not as low as some people want to believe it will be either.

Either way, I don’t remember anyone, regardless of position, suggesting it wouldn’t generate some type of profit.
    El Chapo’s “numbers” contemplate a world where there is zero cost of goods and no other costs AND NDSU keeps 37.5% of the gross sales.

Whoever is on the other end of that deal is going to lose their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    $8/beer x 20,000 beers/game = $160k.

vendors/Dome get 100k ndsu 60k? 10 games thats $600k
    I think if those numbers were legit, this would have been done a long time ago.

But let's say its half that, 10k beers and its 300k
    1/4 that, 5k beers and its 150k

But problem is...

People will spend less money on other things so its unlikely to be that big. Maybe people spend less to the 50/50 raffle. Less on water and soda. Less at the Bison merch table.

Plus the costs will go up with a few more security people

I still support beer sales but I think those estimates are a big extreme

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    El Chapo’s “numbers” contemplate a world where there is zero cost of goods and no other costs AND NDSU keeps 37.5% of the gross sales.

Whoever is on the other end of that deal is going to lose their ass.

Well then, by all means, tell us what the specific numbers are. We’ve all been waiting for that special someone that really knows.