Page 5 of 135 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats for Bison games

Curious about this as well. I am in the camp of getting the dome over 20k through these minor changes then holding tight. The long term needs of NDSU football should include a 30k stadium. I have no idea how to get there from here but it doesn't sound like FFD expansion is feasible.

Why are threads like this always made into a joke? The way too small Fargodome is a real problem, and why isn't there some short and long term actions being worked on? You hear some things and then nothing for months again. The demand isn't going to drop below capacity anytime soon! The real joke is the so called leaders FAILING to take action (cue the usual PL response that I should ask whoever is in charge about status of the closely held sorta secret plans that are going nowhere). It's really easy to be in charge of plans that are not being shared since it allows the maximum possible excuses for why nothing is getting done.

I would agree with you about working on a plan for either expanded capacity or a new arena. But unfortunately in the conservative state of ND most do not think outside any box. You have to start the ball rolling on this idea sooner than later. With the continued growth in the FM metro area the demand will be there to fill a stadium. When I left Fargo in 1998, 32nd Ave S was on the edge of town and there was still a small gap on 13th Ave between WF and Fargo. You build it they will come. I know the 6 tickets I have could easily go to 12 without a problem. I also know probably about another 20 season tickets could be sold to people I know that scramble each year to get to one game due to lack of available tickets. Just right there my 6 seats turned into 32 seats.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Have any other stadiums or domes been funded with commitments to buy multiple season (10 years say) season tickets prior to construction ?

Perhaps get three proposed stadium/dome types with construction and operation costs and figure associated season tickets costs for each type. Then float for interest in a deposit and commitment to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Have any other stadiums or domes been funded with commitments to buy multiple season (10 years say) season tickets prior to construction ?

Perhaps get three proposed stadium/dome types with construction and operation costs and figure associated season tickets costs for each type. Then float for interest in a deposit and commitment to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just don't forget that the first $7 million or so is already being used to fund athletic department operations.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

lets pay PSL's like i am with the Vikings?

Expand the south end, open it wider and deeper into the convention center to bring attendence up to 23,500

Needs to happen, plus a total re-zoning of season tickets.

John Doe a 31 season ticket holder at $400/season sitting in row 4 shouldnt be ahead of Jane Doe spending $1500/season tickets plus $10,000 teammakers donation
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just don't think it's a big issue for the school. Oh, they'd like a larger stadium, but they realize full well that would almost certainly require public funds and that would be a tough sell because there is absolutely no need for a larger stadium in Fargo outside of Bison football. In the meantime, 3 years of sellouts does not guarantee the ability to fill a new stadium for the next 30 years or so it will take to pay it off.

It's a tough position to be in. But I think the school is doing the right thing, for now. Do what you can with what you got and live with it. They are in a good position and don't really have much need for a new stadium...so long as they stay FCS. The Fargodome with a few upgrades is still a top-tier FCS venue. The investment a new stadium requires almost certainly wouldn't pay off. Not at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I would agree with you about working on a plan for either expanded capacity or a new arena. But unfortunately in the conservative state of ND most do not think outside any box. You have to start the ball rolling on this idea sooner than later. With the continued growth in the FM metro area the demand will be there to fill a stadium. When I left Fargo in 1998, 32nd Ave S was on the edge of town and there was still a small gap on 13th Ave between WF and Fargo. You build it they will come. I know the 6 tickets I have could easily go to 12 without a problem. I also know probably about another 20 season tickets could be sold to people I know that scramble each year to get to one game due to lack of available tickets. Just right there my 6 seats turned into 32 seats.
    Why didn't you buy those 32 tickets 5 years ago?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I just don't think it's a big issue for the school. Oh, they'd like a larger stadium, but they realize full well that would almost certainly require public funds and that would be a tough sell because there is absolutely no need for a larger stadium in Fargo outside of Bison football. In the meantime, 3 years of sellouts does not guarantee the ability to fill a new stadium for the next 30 years or so it will take to pay it off.

It's a tough position to be in. But I think the school is doing the right thing, for now. Do what you can with what you got and live with it. They are in a good position and don't really have much need for a new stadium...so long as they stay FCS. The Fargodome with a few upgrades is still a top-tier FCS venue. The investment a new stadium requires almost certainly wouldn't pay off. Not at this level.
    This reply sums up the problem. Backwards thinking in the Dakotas.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Why didn't you buy those 32 tickets 5 years ago?
    I only need 2 for me and a guest, two others are for my buddy and his wife (now have two kids) and the other two go to a couple that now also have 2 kids. All the people that take turns coming to games with me to use my "extra" ticket would at minimum by 2 season tickets for themselves if they were available for purchase.
    I thought ahead enough and new I was not having kids therefore I only needed 2 tickets.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.