Page 45 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Texas-Austin alcohol sales year 1:

http://thebiglead.com/2016/01/06/tex...s-miller-lite/

http://www.chron.com/local/education...is-6738757.php

It basically came out to 0.4 drinks per fan @ $8 a drink.

So if you put that in the FFD for 6 home games, that's around $350,000. I don't know how it would work with the concessionaire but I saw somewhere that at the pro level the team gets somewhere between 40% and 50% of the revenue so that would translate to something like $140,000 - $180,000 a season, net.
    I don't buy the number totals. Most people plan on spending a set amount and that just means less water, soda, and other stuff will be sold. May see a slight spike but not as much as we think. However if we didn't make a nickel on beer, I still think we need sell it because a grown man should be able to buy a damn beer!

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I don't buy the number totals. Most people plan on spending a set amount and that just means less water, soda, and other stuff will be sold. May see a slight spike but not as much as we think. However if we didn't make a nickel on beer, I still think we need sell it because a grown man should be able to buy a damn beer!
    Not me. It'd be pretty hard to deny my son his frozen sugar (dipn dots), my wife's one bite out of a pretzel, and the barrel of popcorn every game, if I'm drinking $8 beers.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    Not me. It'd be pretty hard to deny my son his frozen sugar (dipn dots), my wife's one bite out of a pretzel, and the barrel of popcorn every game, if I'm drinking $8 beers.
    I think the whole---"""" they wont binge drink if they can have a beer in the game""" is bullshit. They are going to slam just as much before the game because what college kid or the cheap asses are going to pay 8.00 for a beer after they have paid 8.00 for a case??
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Being grown and grown and mature are two different things.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BisonTru is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I think the whole---"""" they wont binge drink if they can have a beer in the game""" is bullshit. They are going to slam just as much before the game because what college kid or the cheap asses are going to pay 8.00 for a beer after they have paid 8.00 for a case??
    1. They aren't going to allow alcohol in the student section for now. A few more dominos need to fall before thats a discussion and prolly never will.

2. No one is saying it will eliminate binge drinking just that there will be less of it. Many universities have noticed a downturn in alcohol related incidents when they allowed it to be served. How many universities switched back to dry?
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD
    Hail the Bison!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTru View Post
    1. They aren't going to allow alcohol in the student section for now. A few more dominos need to fall before thats a discussion and prolly never will.

2. No one is saying it will eliminate binge drinking just that there will be less of it. Many universities have noticed a downturn in alcohol related incidents when they allowed it to be served. How many universities switched back to dry?
    Once you have something in place youve developed business relationships and tie ins. You not going to get rid of it unless something catastrophic happens.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Expanded to all public areas for 2015.

Wow. That is a big deal. The club areas were quite the exclusive hang-out spots. Seemed like hundreds of people just stayed in there and didn't even watch the big TVs. It was clearly more of a social club than for football fans.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

so this topic just fades away.... just how the OTOH group wants it....

pathetic. open the beer taps for NDSU games !!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

soo lemme get this straight.

I can drink 8 beers at Disney on Ice... but not at a Bison Football game???

make this stop!!

NDSU BISON FOOTBALL FANS FACEBOOK POLL

http://www.facebook.com/ndsubisonfootballfans

64% yes for beer
    36% no for beer

Around 500 votes. It's 2018 for gods sake... I can drink a beer at a PJ MASKS kids show but not NDSU football. Lol