Page 44 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I'd quit going out in public! That's what I'd do. !! Think purple/pink/green IDK!! Shit does happen!! Have you been to the effin mall lately?! Cover the eyes of women, children and 1998Braves!!

Sent from my iPhone.

I avoid the mall like the plague only go there if I absolutely have to! Pretty sure I can count on my one hand the number of times I go to the mall in a year. Think it has been 2 times this year. Verizon store and JcPenney's or something to pick up something that the wife bought online.

They need to quit with the bullshit excuses for selling beer. Just say its for the money. Thats the bottom line--- period. The ---it will stop binge drinking is just a bullshit smoke screen to pacify some politico who has to make the decision. I cant believe people swallow that crap. Its like deal making with a child---ok little johnny--if you dont slam a couple of beers before you go in the game we will let you drink DURING the game--Deal?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They need to quit with the bullshit excuses for selling beer. Just say its for the money. Thats the bottom line--- period. The ---it will stop binge drinking is just a bullshit smoke screen to pacify some politico who has to make the decision. I cant believe people swallow that crap. Its like deal making with a child---ok little johnny--if you dont slam a couple of beers before you go in the game we will let you drink DURING the game--Deal?
    I just want some consistency.

How come the idea of selling beer at Bison games is so much more horrifying than the reality of beer sales at Taylor Swift concerts, UND football games, UND hockey games, semi-pro hockey games, monster truck rallies, etc?

Now, to me, it's more of the "principle of thing." The Forum's position is that we live in a society of classes with an upper class of people who have FargoDome suites and/or go to the symphonies and at the bottom, a dangerous underclass of people who go to Bison games. I can't see myself ever buying a beer at a Bison game, but, cheese and rice, the bedrock principle of our country is that all men are created equal. The Forum's way of thinking deserves a sharp kick in the ass.

It's like NDSU is a lightning rod for hysterical overreaction.

Oops on the admin post.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I am not sure what is crap. The article posted a few days ago said they accomplished the goal of making money, which is the first reason this was ever brought up for Bison games on our end. The bonus was the nuisance calls in the first quarter were REDUCED after they started allowing beer sales at the games. The article pointed out most of the problems they had in the past were in the first quarter and now those issues have lessened. On top of meeting the goal of making money, this has been positive. It isn't a reason, it has been a reaction to allowing beer sales. If the goal of making money has been met with the added benefit of something positive happening instead of the sky falling like some people have predicted, then it is interesting to point that part out.

So the bottom line is the anti-drinking establishment has hung on to two key points. The sky will fall and it won't be that profitable or worth it because the sky will fall. I, for one, certainly didn't want to leave the impression this could be the answer to the ultra-minority of problem drinkers, because they will be there anyways. It is simply an interesting observation by another school who has opened up drinking at their games. I do think there probably will be an effect on the small percentage out of 18000 who might be slamming drinks a few minutes before walking in the dome where an even smaller number of them might just say they will forgo the slamming and have a beer when they get inside. Would that be safer for those around them? It isn't the reason you open the taps, but it isn't a bad side effect if it happens that way. I don't see anywhere how this has become a bargaining tool for anyone. It was just an observation by that school.

Texas-Austin alcohol sales year 1:

http://thebiglead.com/2016/01/06/tex...s-miller-lite/

http://www.chron.com/local/education...is-6738757.php

It basically came out to 0.4 drinks per fan @ $8 a drink.

So if you put that in the FFD for 6 home games, that's around $350,000. I don't know how it would work with the concessionaire but I saw somewhere that at the pro level the team gets somewhere between 40% and 50% of the revenue so that would translate to something like $140,000 - $180,000 a season, net.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post

So if you put that in the FFD for 6 home games, that's around $350,000. I don't know how it would work with the concessionaire but I saw somewhere that at the pro level the team gets somewhere between 40% and 50% of the revenue so that would translate to something like $140,000 - $180,000 a season, net.
    That would pay a good chunk of FCOA costs.

Just a wasted opportunity for revenue, in a facility that is very tapped out when it comes to finding new revenue sources.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    That would pay a good chunk of FCOA costs.

Just a wasted opportunity for revenue, in a facility that is very tapped out when it comes to finding new revenue sources.
    The facility isn't tapped out, but that's another issue.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post

Are these numbers just for the club sections at the UT-Austin stadium? I don't think they sold beer outside of those private areas, did they?

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Are these numbers just for the club sections at the UT-Austin stadium? I don't think they sold beer outside of those private areas, did they?
    Expanded to all public areas for 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Going to try to make it down there for opening game next season
    College of Business Alumnus