Page 41 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Why so serious. Lysistrata makes the same point with much more appealing hem lines.

It's the 95th anniversary of women getting the vote. That movement and prohibition were intimately intertwined. The 18th and 10th amendments were ratified 9 months apart. Thank god we rolled back the right one.
    The irony of that photo is that without beer goggles... you can fill in the rest.

The KKK was a huge supporter of Prohibition too - they used the issue to become relevant again in the 1920's... although I'm not sure that they beat that drum too hard in North Dakota since that battle was already won (much to the dismay of just about everybody outside the Red River Valley.)

<visually insert the "The More You Know" graphic>

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    The original vote on allowing ETOH at tailgating was far from unanimous (actually the margin was one vote). While the Anti's aren't as strong as they once were, there is still some influence. I don't think we have any real knowledge of the conversations that went on initially. I have a gut feeling that at least one prediction was made that this would only be the first step and a day would come where people would be asking for expansion. Assuming that is correct, I can see a tendency there to avoid proving somebody correct. It's a natural reaction.

This right here.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    So there has been complaining by a certain talk radio personality that if something is allowed in the suites it should be allowed in all seats. Then that the redhawks don't have a problem with beer.

I don't like beer but I drink whiskey cokes when we sit in the box at the redhawks. I don't think I can get a whiskey coke downstairs can I??????????
    No you can't I have checked every time I am there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Northern Illinois University officials say a decision to sell beer at Huskie Stadium during football games is paying off monetarily and in public safety.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...029-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Northern Illinois University officials say a decision to sell beer at Huskie Stadium during football games is paying off monetarily and in public safety.

But I was told that beer sales in the Fargodome would only lead to more public drunkenness and that entire sections would have to be shut down because people couldn't safely walk down the steps because they would be a constant waterfall of drunken vomit?
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

I hope NDSU, The Fargodome, and the City of Fargo are seeing articles like this as well as talking to schools who have starting selling alcohol at games. I am willing to bet there are way more positive cases then negative.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Forum headline would read: "Illinois says selling booze at stadiums impacts public safety"

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post

But I was told that beer sales in the Fargodome would only lead to more public drunkenness and that entire sections would have to be shut down because people couldn't safely walk down the steps because they would be a constant waterfall of drunken vomit?
    Illinois drinkers are different than Nodak drinkers.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post

I was told when we had the 5 am tailgating, 9 hours of drinking would lead to multiple deaths and violent crime. Oh wait, there was no problems? Lol

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

No problems?

They just haven't found the bodies yet.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."