Page 37 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by duluthbison View Post
    Here's the thing, as a side gig I bounce at a large night club on Saturday nights. Out of the 1,000 - 1,500 people we see on a given night, only a minute fraction of them ever cause any problems. And guess what happens when they do start causing problems? We kick them out, it's that simple. I highly doubt that the average Joe Tailgater is all of a sudden going to turn into a drunken idiot because the dome will be selling overpriced beer during the game. People trying to come up with reasons why this is a bad idea but in reality, everything will be no different than it is now.

What the dome needs to do is wristband everyone who buys a drink and let them take their drinks back to their seats. Security just needs to keep an eye out (but not go out of their way) in the concourses for people consuming without a wristband. If they spot someone drinking without a wristband, check their ID quick. If someone is causing a scene, kick them out. It's what we do at the night club I bounce at and it seems to work just fine. Will there be people who consume too much? Of course, just kick them out and the problem is solved. I really don't understand why this is such a huge issue to people in this town.
    1,500 people vs 19,000 is a huge difference in logistics oversight. Ive been a bouncer, bartender, bar manager and I own a bar. Plus I was a boozer at one time. Ive been on both sides of the fence. The one constant is get rid of the problem before it starts , don't add fuel to a fire and never let a minority ruin the rest of your customers good time. Any type of disruption changes the atmosphere for the whole night. According to Gene Taylor the low monetary aspect wasn't worth the hassle of serving alcohol. I agree with him.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

I'll go to some games and not drink at all. Some times have a beer or two and sometimes the situation described above. So no its not a necessity. At a game I am FAR from the rowdiest and am in no way disruptive. I apologize that my post made it seem like it was a weekly ritual.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by Milkman View Post
    I'll go to some games and not drink at all. Some times have a beer or two and sometimes the situation described above. So no its not a necessity. At a game I am FAR from the rowdiest and am in no way disruptive. I apologize that my post made it seem like it was a weekly ritual.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I'll admit I usuallu drink too much before i head in but it doesn't interfere with anyone else's game experience. And honestly it's really nobody's business unless I'm acting like a jack ass or driving drunk which I never ever do.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    No I don't. That train of thought is Nothing more than rationalization-justification IMO. If people are pounding drinks then the anti ETOH crowds fears are a reality. I have no issues with people drinking. But its like any other issue----some just cant act-drink responsibly. So where do you draw the line? What needs to happen so these over indulgers don't effect my and other peoples game day experience? It gets really old.
    ok...so PL if they decide to sell beer in the Fargodome, and they believe cutting tailgate hours will save face, then should the city liquor board put a ban on bars hours and liquor store hours on Gameday also? Nothing the anti beer crowd will/can do is going to stop people from getting drunk if they want to...nothing. and out of those 19,000 in the dome you guys make it sound like All are drinking. my group has 16 people on average at the games and only about 8 actually drink, so I don't get where the anti crowd sees these hypothetical problems occurring, when every other event that takes place at the dome beer is served....but God freaking forbid at a sporting event we can't have a beer...I'm tired of hearing the riot theory like all of a sudden a watered down Coors light keg beer is going to cause a zombie like transformation of everyone and Rush the field....it's not like they are selling straight shots of whiskey, but hey people are already doing straight shots of whisky in the dome during the games...see it all the time.

point is, put the handles on the taps, for a couple games as a trial, then let's see if this uproar riot scenario is true or it goes on like normal...people would be really surprised...but mark my words they would nitpick every little incident to try and prove the anti crowd right.....
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    ok...so PL if they decide to sell beer in the Fargodome, and they believe cutting tailgate hours will save face, then should the city liquor board put a ban on bars hours and liquor store hours on Gameday also? Nothing the anti beer crowd will/can do is going to stop people from getting drunk if they want to...nothing. and out of those 19,000 in the dome you guys make it sound like All are drinking. my group has 16 people on average at the games and only about 8 actually drink, so I don't get where the anti crowd sees these hypothetical problems occurring, when every other event that takes place at the dome beer is served....but God freaking forbid at a sporting event we can't have a beer...I'm tired of hearing the riot theory like all of a sudden a watered down Coors light keg beer is going to cause a zombie like transformation of everyone and Rush the field....it's not like they are selling straight shots of whiskey, but hey people are already doing straight shots of whisky in the dome during the games...see it all the time.

point is, put the handles on the taps, for a couple games as a trial, then let's see if this uproar riot scenario is true or it goes on like normal...people would be really surprised...but mark my words they would nitpick every little incident to try and prove the anti crowd right.....
    Good point. With 4500 students, a good 10% of the non studrnts being underage, another 10% of the regular crowd being parents who can't bring kids into a beer garden, and your normal non drinkers or rare drinkers, it's probably 10k or less. Even myself I wouldn't buy more than a beer anyways. Most groups have designed drivers too.

And cutting down tailgating is ridiculous. They don't do it at UN_ games and they have beer in the seats and that's not only for football but for hockey.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    And cutting down tailgating is ridiculous. They don't do it at UN_ games and they have beer in the seats and that's not only for football but for hockey.
    Can't cut down anymore when starting from zero.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Can't cut down anymore when starting from zero.
    I like the UN_ jabs but it does work for them, even if they only get 10k or less. And they allow beer IN the seats.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I like the UN_ jabs but it does work for them, even if they only get 10k or less. And they allow beer IN the seats.
    According to their website they averaged 7,486 a game at home. High game being 9,118 and low of 5,916. So your less statement is true. I got your back on this one.
    PS I think they count the band to help with these numbers.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    According to their website they averaged 7,486 a game at home. High game being 9,118 and low of 5,916. So your less statement is true. I got your back on this one.
    PS I think they count the band to help with these numbers.
    I suspect they count the on-line fans as well.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by BisonVet View Post
    I suspect they count the on-line fans as well.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.