Page 31 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Yep it's definitely the government doing this. I couldn't possibly be that the private enterprises that own the teams think that providing a complaint line and a family section are good ways to serve the public who pay them good money to be entertained.
    Same kind of douchebags in power positions. Especially the type that think they need to cater to every little group of interests and sensitivities.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Same kind of douchebags in power positions. Especially the type that think they need to cater to every little group of interests and sensitivities.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Let's say they add beer in the dome...any chance they would shorten tailgating time as a consequence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I sure some idiot will champion it, if they haven't done so already. It also wouldn't surprise me if some dufus eventually suggests that you must buy your alcohol at approved vendors in the tailgating lots instead of bringing it in, if they haven't suggested it already. More revenue, you know.

I think those kind of things are just part and parcel of the nanny-state world we live in these days. Heaven forbid, somebody might drink too much. Instead of dealing with that person or incident, we must punish the whole lot of them - for their own good, of course.

But, regardless, I don't think it actually happens or gets done, at least not in my lifetime. If I'm wrong, however, I've got the pitchforks and priority points all sharpened up and ready to go.............right behind Stl! Can we count you in?
    Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. I knew this was going to happen......

http://www.inforum.com/news/3816590-...t-another-year
    Not so fast, my friend. TAB had it nailed WAY back on post #104 (And my response to him. Pay attention to that next step of "control" also.)! He must know "these kind" of people like the back of his hand.

But, wait a minute (as the lightbulb goes off in Loaf's head)!! Who stands to gain from all this? If there are shortened hours in the tailgating lots, and if you have to quickly buy and drink your beer from approved "local" vendors out there, and if one of those approved local brewers and vendors is TAB (and why wouldn't he be?), and if sales of "Brookings Blonde" skyrocket as a result………………?????…………..OMG, we been infiltrated from within!!!!

(purple……hello)

On a related note. If you want to get a license to grow weed in Ohio all you have to do is be one on the 10 largest contributors to the ballot initiative for it's legalization.

http://www.vox.com/2015/8/13/9146471...alization-vote

It's interesting how quickly this thing with beer in the FFD has morphed from an social/moral issue into something that's entirely about who's going to benefit politically or economically.

If seems to me that NDSU bowed out of the conversation at exactly the right time. You can see this debate degenerating into a bunch of tawdry nonsense right before your eyes.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 10-13-2015 at 07:05 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

IIRC, at one point, the north end zone had a "Family Section". Which was kind of bogus because we had purchased our tickets there years prior and then they slapped that label on it. Why should I have to move in a sold out arena? I see they got rid of it now.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

I would hope that NDSU knows that putting more restrictions would not be met with joy. People were pissed about Gameday being downtown much less reducing tailgating time for no reason.
    Hail Hydra.

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Glad NDSU bowed out of this foolishness when they did.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Be careful what you wish for. I knew this was going to happen......

http://www.inforum.com/news/3816590-...t-another-year
    THey should keep tailgating at 5 hours. Im all for stopping beer sales when 3rd quarter starts. Worked well at Colorado State.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Why the heck do they need a phone number to text regarding rowdy fans? Their have been drunks in the dome for God knows how long and that hasn't been available in the past.

Also, family sections? What the shit?

Here is an idea. Sell beer like you do at the other events.
    Im fine with family sections. I could also see the phone number being abused. I hate tattlers.

Family section is a dumb idea. Let's say your seats are now in the designated "family section." What if you want a beer at the game, now you can't. Every seat in the dome is sold out. It's not like season ticket holders can move around a lot or people who want in that section could even get in that section. Tickets sell out in minutes; there is now way this is happening. Shorter tailgating?! What does that accomplish? If someone wants to drinnk a case of beer and has 1 less hour to do it, they will just drink it faster. Texting to get security to deal with drunk fans? Yeah, I could see a backlash from that. As was pointed out, there are drunk fans at ecery game. And sometimes people who are loud and crazy, and god forbid, yelling at the refs; would offend some knitters who think they are a loud drunk when they are actually just crazy, passionate fans. Do they have family sections and texting security options at other dome events that serve alcohol? If not, then their shouldn't be at Bison games. If this is the price to have a beer at a Bison game; then no thanks.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN