Page 20 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats for Bison games

In addition to your comment about the ND cities being the bigger counterparts to their MN neighbors, those cities are in the top 10 in ND for population. Moorhead is an afterthought, whereas Fargo, for example, is the largest city and a major driving force behind policies. Minnesota writes their economic policies based on Minneapolis-St. Paul. It clearly works for the state of MN, but side by side, it's an easy choice. With that said however, Moorhead is seeing a little bit of a resurgence as of late. I remember a couple of years ago they were worried about declining enrollment in the schools...now they are worried about being able to accommodate the needs in the relatively near future. More population will bring more economic development - even if the cost of doing business is a little more.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    That's a false choice though. There is no proof that allowing beer sales in the FargoDome will lead to even one DUI accident.

In fact, the argument you are making is one for Prohibition. For you argument to apply to beer sales at the FargoDome, you'd have to show that beer sales at the FargoDome are more dangerous than any other form of legal alcohol consumption - including that of concerts at the same FargoDome.
    True you are. I realize the reality of my argument. But it doesn't change my feelings on drinking and driving whether NDSU/concert/eating out/bar what have you. As I said I'm not for the banning of alcohol as that would go over about as well as banning guns (or the Prohibition as you brought up). I'm against drinking and then driving. Any situation that puts that possibility out there I hate seeing it. We all have our weird things that we want to see gone probably that others don't. This is mine, I'm not going to storm Fargodome/City of Fargo meetings to make sure beer sales don't happen. In my head I just don't approve and maybe it makes me a hypocrite not to do anything about it.

As I said I'd never be able to prove any incident after an NDSU football game was a result of beer sales or not. But neither can any one of you guarantee that a tragic incident would not happen due to beer sales at a football game. (Lot of things can) I just don't see drinking as a necessity for a football game. Things have gone well the way they currently stand, why do we have to keep injecting more booze into everything we do?

Maybe it comes from the fact that I don't think I've ever even come close to even getting a buzz on, because seriously I've only had enough sips of alcohol that I can count them on 2 hands and still have fingers left over. Definitely not a 100% prohibitionist I don't believe it needs to disappear, it would just be the culture in general which probably never will so I really have to just do what I can personally and not worry too much about what others are doing.

I have the same feeling with distracted driving. I view both as needless errors of human judgement. A lot of things could fall in that category I know.

All that said I know my argument on here likely is not well received. I just hope it is "respected."

Forgot to quote Gully's statement> Yes this is true but it still falls under my argument against anyone putting themselves in a position to drink and than drive afterwards.

Yes it does all come down to decisions we all make every day. But alcohol disrupts peoples decision making abilities. I thank you all for being responsible as it seems we've not had an incident on Bisonville so keep it up, much appreciated.

Braves......but then don't you also have to be against drinking at any other event? As you state, no one can guarantee that something bad wouldn't happen after drinking at a Bison game. Can you guarantee that something bad wouldn't happen after drinking at the Turf? Or buying off-sale at Happy Harry's? If not, then by your logic, should we not allow those activities either?

There is nothing wrong with you having a preference or an opinion, I just don't think your logic is consistent on this one.

To be clear, I don't want anyone injured or killed because of drunk driving either.

This is one of the reasons that I'm such a huge fan of Uber. In addition to the convenience and capacity availability as a customer as well as money making opportunities for the drivers, the public safety angle is huge. I'd love to see some data regarding drunk driving arrests and/or accidents pre and post Uber by city. Hopefully it will make a difference.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    The people what want to blame a company for the results of accidents in today society are so misguided. The saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people. is so true.
    Thank you that is exactly what I was going for earlier. People who drink and CHOOSE to drive have made the decision themselves, they were not forced to either drink or drive by the sponsors or event staff. I find it absolutely outragous that this is that big of a deal.

Especially when other schools in the state serve alcohol at their schools sporting events and nothing is ever said about it.

If we outlaw vehicles at the Fargodome then people would not be able to drink and drive.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    If we outlaw vehicles at the Fargodome then people would not be able to drink and drive.
    Mandatory bullet train rides to the new stadium in Hillsboro.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Less obviously, what the hell is deal with having one rule for NDSU and a different one for every other school in the system? The REA can sell beer. The Alerus can sell beer. The Blue Hawks can sell beer. If beer is so bad, then why aren't sales banned in the entire system?
    Isn't the rule between NDSU and the Fargodome Authority? NDSU and the Fargodome Authority seem to be the ones saying that it is bad, not the system, since it is actually written into the contract between the two that no alcohol sales are allowed. I'm not sure what other schools in the system have to do with this situation? Unless I'm missing something, I don't think the State or SBoHE have ever made a rule that NDSU can't sell alcohol, its been a choice they have made.

Can alcohol be purchased at Newman during baseball games?

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Isn't the rule between NDSU and the Fargodome Authority? NDSU and the Fargodome Authority seem to be the ones saying that it is bad, not the system, since it is actually written into the contract between the two that no alcohol sales are allowed. I'm not sure what other schools in the system have to do with this situation? Unless I'm missing something, I don't think the State or SBoHE have ever made a rule that NDSU can't sell alcohol, its been a choice they have made.

The decision on whether to sell beer at Football games is 100% NDSU's call.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    Yes at Redhawk games. No at Bison games.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    The decision on whether to sell beer at Football games is 100% NDSU's call.
    Correct it is NDSU call, the dome would love the additional revenue. The reason it is being brought up now is the contract is being renegotiated between NDSU and FD.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.