Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Take note of who wrote the article... Glad to have him in Fargo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I noticed that as well. It's nice to actually have someone practice journalism.
    This dude's articles are well put together. When he comes out with an article that is negative towards NDSU, it will be torn apart on Bisonville, but it will probably be mostly accurate.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    This dude's articles are well put together. When he comes out with an article that is negative towards NDSU, it will be torn apart on Bisonville, but it will probably be mostly accurate.

Absolutely correct.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

If the east stand mirrored the west stand that would add about 495 seats. If you relocated all the suites that would be around another 280. Of course you've got to then build something somewhere to replace the press box and the suites.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 06-09-2015 at 12:17 PM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

What if you put seats in the north press box that sits empty all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    What if you put seats in the north press box that sits empty all the time?
    About 324.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    If the east stand mirrored the west stand that would add about 495 seats. If you relocated all the suites you could and around another 280. Of course you've got to then build something somewhere to replace the press box and the suites.
    Maybe Kolpack will finally get his bathroom then.

So the expansion plan could add about 1,200 seats...just by replacing existing suites/press boxes plus adding 100 seats by moving the handicapped seats around(article mentioned that).

Plus you would have to build a suite/press box level on the west side. May as well toss in the planned club area in the south end zone.

Premium seating would really be the way to get this done, the dome for non-NDSU events doesn't really need more seats but they need premium seating. NDSU meanwhile needs both.

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    What's the point?

The financial return on adding thousands of seats will be atrocious.

Why not charge Elmer and Selma the market price of their 40 yard seats?

Hell, they could probably build an attached basketball arena with four times as many seats for the same price. Pipe the game in there, call it the kiddie table.
    Why not return to the dark ages........did they do a financial return per seat on whether to build the dome at 15,000, 18,000 or 21,000 in the first place.....doubt it.

Ooh, look at me! I'm making people happy! I'm the Magical Man from Happy-Land, in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't understand how they are going to move suites from the east to west side, each suite has 16 seats, they added them now they think they can move them

Unless I'm misunderstanding