Page 17 of 135 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Trumpster is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats for Bison games

I've often thought that the next way to really grow the football pie so to speak would be to allow tailgating to continue during the games. But that isn't going to happen.
    Hail Hydra.

I disagree with entertaining is only done in suites. My former employer has 20 season tickets and they are given out to mostly customers all the time. A few employees get to come once in a while. There is a group of current employees and me that tailgate and most of those ticket holders for the game stop by our spot to tailgate. I understand that the suites you are all close together and the entertaining can continue from outside or I have a feeling for most just start inside the suite.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

I think they should just open up the entire dome. Yeah in theory were taking moral high ground but let's face it. You can't control binge drinking. You just cant. Were not the moral police and in a free country, people have the right to make bad decisions.

What we can do is limit it to half time and price it so high, people dont binge drink.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Obviously, having one rule for bigwigs and another for the common people should rub everybody the wrong way (which is what the Forum made it sound like.)

Less obviously, what the hell is deal with having one rule for NDSU and a different one for every other school in the system? The REA can sell beer. The Alerus can sell beer. The Blue Hawks can sell beer. If beer is so bad, then why aren't sales banned in the entire system?

This is coming from a guy who will probably never have a beer at a Bison football game.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Less obviously, what the hell is deal with having one rule for NDSU and a different one for every other school in the system?

If you haven't figured this one out yet, you need to pay attention better...
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

This is ridiculous. I think its rich to see these teammakers/ndsu marketing staff speak about controlling beer. HAHA. BEER & TAILGATING IS WHAT JUMP STARTED THE NDSU ATTENDENCE IN THE PAST 10 YEARS!! because of BEER!!

email dean everyone, he is the 1 that can open it to all. put it at $8/beer and you will limit the young people from drinking it I bet.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    So the dome wants beer because the suites are where they entertain for business.
    Says alot about the dynamics here.
    Suite people need beer to enjoy the game? But the rest of us dont.
    Suite people need beer to conduct business? You see where im going here?
    This is an interesting message when you are trying to curb drinking on your campus ( and state)
    BINGO!

Double BINGO!!!

Triple Yatzee!!!

And NO SHIT SHERLOCK!!!!

After 11 years of Bison FB games(season ticket holder), I will say NEVER have I seen or heard of any incident alcohol related at a FB game inside the dome. I have heard rumors afterwords(usually on this forum), but my point is will beer sales change the Nature of the Bison Fan???
    Some, if not many, get their share of beer prior to the game, whether its out on the lot, or at a local establishment or at the motel across from the lot, as we do!!!

These will still be the same Bison Fans, slightly rowdy but wonderful folks, who are extremely knowledgeable about Football and life in general??

Now I'm sure I will get lambasted for saying my opinion...so fire away, but its just my opinion!!!

Agreed with thundardaddy.

Hell. ..if there's a reason everyone wants the students to stay

Quote Originally Posted by thundarsdaddy View Post
    After 11 years of Bison FB games(season ticket holder), I will say NEVER have I seen or heard of any incident alcohol related at a FB game inside the dome. I have heard rumors afterwords(usually on this forum), but my point is will beer sales change the Nature of the Bison Fan???
    Some, if not many, get their share of beer prior to the game, whether its out on the lot, or at a local establishment or at the motel across from the lot, as we do!!!

These will still be the same Bison Fans, slightly rowdy but wonderful folks, who are extremely knowledgeable about Football and life in general??

Now I'm sure I will get lambasted for saying my opinion...so fire away, but its just my opinion!!!
    Actually I don't remember anything ever happening and I've been to a ton of games. I rarely see anything in the tailgating lot either. It's all just propaganda

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com