Page 16 of 135 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats for Bison games

VNL asked this on their FB just now. overwhelming NO for the idea.

society sucks, and so does the sobering headache you get during the game.

I'm only against it, because even one driver legally drunk or not on the road is one too many in my opinion. Don't have an issue with drinking. Just drinking and driving, which will NEVER happen if fargodome allows booze inside because all drunks stay in their seats until they're sobered up, from some people I've seen at end of games I'm sure it still happens without the booze sales inside...

Sorry to be a debbie downer on this but that is my 2 cents. I take this stance even though I've never been closely impacted by a drinking and driving incident, but I can't imagine the terrible feeling that is. I know that most of you are responsible and all but all it takes is one bad apple to create a tragedy in this scenario.

You can point out that statistics show that it would decrease alcohol related issues, which seems reasonable and can agree with. I just hope that everyone here has a truly sober "designated driver" when they go home after drinking ANY amount of alcohol. It's hard enough to keep people safe with sober drivers on the road.

hopefully Uber can really improve the ease of people getting a sober ride in Fargo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    I'm only against it, because even one driver legally drunk or not on the road is one too many in my opinion. Don't have an issue with drinking. Just drinking and driving, which will NEVER happen if fargodome allows booze inside because all drunks stay in their seats until they're sobered up, from some people I've seen at end of games I'm sure it still happens without the booze sales inside...

Sorry to be a debbie downer on this but that is my 2 cents. I take this stance even though I've never been closely impacted by a drinking and driving incident, but I can't imagine the terrible feeling that is. I know that most of you are responsible and all but all it takes is one bad apple to create a tragedy in this scenario.

You can point out that statistics show that it would decrease alcohol related issues, which seems reasonable and can agree with. I just hope that everyone here has a truly sober "designated driver" when they go home after drinking ANY amount of alcohol. It's hard enough to keep people safe with sober drivers on the road.
    This and who wants all the steps in the dome wet with beer? Bad enough at concerts with people slipping & falling.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    This and who wants all the steps in the dome wet with beer? Bad enough at concerts with people slipping & falling.
    Head on a swivel

So the dome wants beer because the suites are where they entertain for business.
    Says alot about the dynamics here.
    Suite people need beer to enjoy the game? But the rest of us dont.
    Suite people need beer to conduct business? You see where im going here?
    This is an interesting message when you are trying to curb drinking on your campus ( and state)
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    So the dome wants beer because the suites are where they entertain for business.
    Says alot about the dynamics here.
    Suite people need beer to enjoy the game? But the rest of us dont.
    Suite people need beer to conduct business? You see where im going here?
    This is an interesting message when you are trying to curb drinking on your campus ( and state)
    Pretty much the same argument that TCF had for the Gophers. Original plan was suites only, and was shot down by the legislature due to the pure hypocrisy of it all. Should be no beer or beer, nothing in between. I personally favor no beer as there is plenty of time to indulge before the game.

Who's gonna over consume at the game after 5 hours of tailgating? Especially when they're 8 dollars a pop. It's just nice to have

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Who's gonna over consume at the game after 5 hours of tailgating? Especially when they're 8 dollars a pop. It's just nice to have
    I will! But I'm responsible so I won't drink during the game.

Lardsin must go!

If booze is added, start with the suites and see how it goes.