Page 125 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1341

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Not to mention when TM tried to appeal to a younger demographic. It fell flat on its face and it alienated a bunch of TMs and ruined the friday TM luncheons.
    Other things also happened during covid that cost TM fans and $$$$$$$$
    A few things that also need to be mentioned. Many of the younger fans that were around during the start of the run have moved on. Graduated. Got married and have kids. They grew up. Its called life. Generational turn over.
    Gotta attract new fans. When you dont advertise for a decade, what does he expect. Random people will see a You Tube or Facebook video and want to go to a game?

He even made fan day a D3 level experience. Remember lony ass lines of players signing posters? Spring game? Badically gone.

Its a complacent lazy athletic department milking a fan base. If you cant grow it during an epic run...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Gotta attract new fans. When you dont advertise for a decade, what does he expect. Random people will see a You Tube or Facebook video and want to go to a game?

He even made fan day a D3 level experience. Remember lony ass lines of players signing posters? Spring game? Badically gone.

Its a complacent lazy athletic department milking a fan base. If you cant grow it during an epic run...
    As Ive stated before. Not everyone in the FM area is a fan and could care less. IMO we hit the apex during the run. Then with the mentioned issue we are where we are. OBTW--beer bathrooms etc have nothing to do it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

As Ive stated before. Not everyone in the FM area is a fan and could care less. IMO we hit the apex during the run. Then with the mentioned issue we are where we are. OBTW--beer bathrooms etc have nothing to do it.
    Its a complex answer. I think for sure the FCS brand hit an apex during the run. I also think people get sick of reading the same story. Although revenues are higher so its not all bad

The FM metro has grown by 50,000 since 2007 when we were selling out. During that time period we also saw record enrollment, before recent declines. Now 15 years later we are drawing less

We should take a hard look at what Coastal Carolina is doing. How does an FCS school with flat enrollment around 10k, with little history and tradition go from averaging 6-8k to nearly 19k? Conway is small but Myrtle Beach is a half million, but probably more competition for entertainment dollars

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Doesn't apply now, but when it was warmer they need better jumping games/other games to occupy the kids...including teenagers. They used to have the bull...which could occupy my kids for hours. Now as teenagers they don't want to tailgate, and therefore don't necessarily want to go to games if they have to tailgate. I get that stuff won't be around once it snows, but prior to that they really have dropped the ball on that. Gotta get these kids invested in the experience. They had it before, not sure why they quit doing it.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Doesn't apply now, but when it was warmer they need better jumping games/other games to occupy the kids...including teenagers. They used to have the bull...which could occupy my kids for hours. Now as teenagers they don't want to tailgate, and therefore don't necessarily want to go to games if they have to tailgate. I get that stuff won't be around once it snows, but prior to that they really have dropped the ball on that. Gotta get these kids invested in the experience. They had it before, not sure why they quit doing it.
    I still wonder if this isn't what is happening to attendance, that there was a group of fans that jumped on the fanbase when we went D1, and that fanbase is still around but has matured. Now they have kids who have activities on Friday nights and Saturdays that take priority over Bison games. Now you couple that with years of a message that "NDSU games are all sold out within minutes of the tickets become available" you never cultivated replacement fans to fill in. I live in the cities and try to make it to a game once per year. Most years I just assumed I needed to go to an early non-conference game to get in the door (usually by buying returned seats from some California school). Now, my kids are in high school and its hard to get away period after going to a high school game on Saturday night.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I still wonder if this isn't what is happening to attendance, that there was a group of fans that jumped on the fanbase when we went D1, and that fanbase is still around but has matured. Now they have kids who have activities on Friday nights and Saturdays that take priority over Bison games. Now you couple that with years of a message that "NDSU games are all sold out within minutes of the tickets become available" you never cultivated replacement fans to fill in. I live in the cities and try to make it to a game once per year. Most years I just assumed I needed to go to an early non-conference game to get in the door (usually by buying returned seats from some California school). Now, my kids are in high school and its hard to get away period after going to a high school game on Saturday night.
    NDSU Athletic Dept. does not do a good job of getting ticket info out IMO. I see and hear all kinds of comments about tickets not being available, website not working correctly, etc. Even saw a comment from a fan in SD stating she wished she could at least listen to games on radio when not regionally televised. Umm, 1660 App?

Seems like there are assumptions being made that EVERYONE knows what’s going on/available.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=56BISON73;1599132]Not to mention when TM tried to appeal to a younger demographic. It fell flat on its face and it alienated a bunch of TMs and ruined the friday TM luncheons.
    Other things also happened during covid that cost TM fans and $$$$$$$$
    A few things that also need to be mentioned. Many of the younger fans that were around during the start of the run have moved on. Graduated. Got married and have kids. They grew up. Its called life. Generational turn over.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely nailed it. That core group of die hards that made NDSU's resurgence so special are now in their 40's. They are busy with weekend kid events, careers, and life. NDSU football is still a priority but family life is now more important. I know because I'm in that core group and I see it amongst everyone from that era. The original core group that lived through the late 60's-80's run are now the ones funding the program and going to games. However they are older, don't travel as well or like to tailgate when it's -20 outside. Eventually my era will have to foot the bill but that's not happening until the kids are gone a decade from now. The real problem is that we don't have that next group queued up to take over for that rabid fan group that DI gave us. It's going to take a transition to FBS, some hardship followed by national success and a new us vs the world attitude to create that that new core group. It's also going to take a truck load of money because Gen Z wants constant entertainment and the current situation at the Fargo Dome doesn't even come close. We need premium seating and boat load of it.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    I find this strange. WHY do you need to occupy the kids? I was just happy to go to games when I was a kid.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I find this strange. WHY do you need to occupy the kids? I was just happy to go to games when I was a kid.
    Back in those days though you were happy to find a button and play with it...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Back in those days though you were happy to find a button and play with it...
    We were so poor my mom cut holes in my pockets so I would have something to play with.
    It's OK to not be OK.