Page 12 of 135 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats for Bison games

Start with the suites, then they will see that their is no problems. Then they could expand it to having a beer garden or 2 in the corners. Once no problems result from that, have alcohol available to purchase and consumed in your seat (excluding student section of course). Will there be isolated incidents of misuse where security will have to be involved? Sure. But I think for the most part, people can be trusted to be responsible. I mean, I haven't seen any reporting of massive problems and arrests in the tailgate lot.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    if allowing it in the suites is the first step to overall beer sales in the entire dome, why not support it?
    As of today it's a violation of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Let's say they add beer in the dome...any chance they would shorten tailgating time as a consequence?
    I sure some idiot will champion it, if they haven't done so already. It also wouldn't surprise me if some dufus eventually suggests that you must buy your alcohol at approved vendors in the tailgating lots instead of bringing it in, if they haven't suggested it already. More revenue, you know.

I think those kind of things are just part and parcel of the nanny-state world we live in these days. Heaven forbid, somebody might drink too much. Instead of dealing with that person or incident, we must punish the whole lot of them - for their own good, of course.

But, regardless, I don't think it actually happens or gets done, at least not in my lifetime. If I'm wrong, however, I've got the pitchforks and priority points all sharpened up and ready to go.............right behind Stl! Can we count you in?

Let's say they add beer in the dome...any chance they would shorten tailgating time as a consequence?
    Burn the place down if they do that. Let it burn baby let it burn
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    we can haz neeu stadiums?
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    The riot would be epic. Ill be in front of the protest. You?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    "Meaty and StL are right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards.

Now.....we could fight 'em with conventional weapons, but that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part."

Who's with us?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    I sure some idiot will champion it, if they haven't done so already. It also wouldn't surprise me if some dufus eventually suggests that you must buy your alcohol at approved vendors in the tailgating lots instead of bringing it in, if they haven't suggested it already. More revenue, you know.

I think those kind of things are just part and parcel of the nanny-state world we live in these days. Heaven forbid, somebody might drink too much. Instead of dealing with that person or incident, we must punish the whole lot of them - for their own good, of course.

But, regardless, I don't think it actually happens or gets done, at least not in my lifetime. If I'm wrong, however, I've got the pitchforks and priority points all sharpened up and ready to go.............right behind Stl! Can we count you in?
    Feel free to go around. Im not that fast anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    we can haz neeu stadiums?
    Nice idea!
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Feel free to go around. Im not that fast anymore!
    But, but, but........my skills are more suited for logistical planning........in the back.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    As of today it's a violation of the 14th Amendment of the Constitution.
    please elaborate

We can claim that the state is denying us our right to enjoy beer in violation of the due process clause.

Of course, this is blatant bullsh#t, but it got gay marriage legalized in 30+states.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."