Page 115 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1341

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

beer didn't spark sales yesterday huh...
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Exactly... we will need to spend at least 50 million on a new basketball arena. The good news is we can connect it to the SHAC and we wont have to build all the other stuff since everything we need is in the SHAC. Just a true basketball arena with all the funds going towards the perfect fan experience.

What we have now is good enough for a conference like the Mountain West but we want to be near the top
    Well since we're dreaming and if Uncle Cramer could come through with a little pork..how about moving the USDA Biosciences center over to 18th Street were it belongs. If we did this, that would open significant acreage up and we could create an Athletics village of sort in NE campus. If we built a new arena on the old Dacotah site, we could build a Soccer/field hockey/W Rugby field on that site along with a facility that would house locker room, offices, meeting rooms, recruiting areas etc, for those sports plus T&F. It would also give us space to eventually build an IPF facility specifically for baseball and softball, something they both desperately need. Lastly, it would provide much needed additional parking and tailgating space for the FFD along with better proximity parking for Newman, T&F, and the new arena.

Screenshot_20220802-081640.jpg
    Last edited by AKBison; 08-02-2022 at 10:07 PM.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The dome upgrades on the north west and east need to go through first. That's by far the most pressing need. Then it's deciding whether or not to do a convention center or arena on the south/south east.

NDSU has plenty of land for basketball. Really, a new arena would fit in perfectly where Dacotah Field is. Soccer would have to relocate but there is plenty of land, including land to the west of Ellig. A soccer field is really inexpensive to rebuild.

I don't know if we want a city owned basketball arena because it doesn't generate as much revenue. You have to pay rent. You don't get parking revenue. You have to share concession revenue. You also don't get priority scheduling. It just feels like you are a tenant. Also NDSU can use their own facility to host concerts and drive revenue.

A basketball arena holds more people, but the amount of floor space is very small. A basketball court isn't even 5K square feet and the convention center would be 40-45K square feet. I agree totally on the concerts, but you can build a convention center into one heck of a concert hall with GA seating and a mezzanine above it. You could build something similar in concept to the Armory in Minneapolis, which is one of the my favorite venues ever. Obviously smaller but more usable.

So we need a convention center? I say yes because the private sector can't build a 45K sq ft facilty. It's what is needed to get those massive conventions or grow big events. What I don't want to see happen is the dome building something smaller that competes with the private sector.

I think it would be awesome to have the dome connect to the convention center. Then the convention center connect to the SHAC via skyway. Then connect the hotel to the convention center. Then someday connect the SHAC to the new BB arena where Dacotah Field is now.
    What kind of weed do you smoke and where can I get some?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    What kind of weed do you smoke and where can I get some?
    Other than a new basketball arena, everything I said was supported in interviews from Rob Sobolik, a study that was funded by the city of Fargo and data provided by Charley Johnson from the FM Convention & Visitors Bureau

Cmon dude you're acting like one of those D2 guys Lakes talks about. Think big. We're not competing with Morningside College or Mankato. We want to compete with teams like Boise. Also we want the city to have facilities better than anyone in North Dakota

Also we need a hotel connected to the convention center. It makes events more appealing and fans will be on site

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Other than a new basketball arena, everything I said was supported in interviews from Rob Sobolik, a study that was funded by the city of Fargo and data provided by Charley Johnson from the FM Convention & Visitors Bureau

Cmon dude you're acting like one of those D2 guys Lakes talks about. Think big. We're not competing with Morningside College or Mankato. We want to compete with teams like Boise. Also we want the city to have facilities better than anyone in North Dakota

Also we need a hotel connected to the convention center. It makes events more appealing and fans will be on site
    I just wanted to know where you get your weed? I'm down with new stuff for NDSU!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    I just wanted to know where you get your weed? I'm down with new stuff for NDSU!!!
    I go over to Moorhead and buy edibles, which are now legal. But since it's low amounts, I have to eat 3 or 4 so at this pace I'm going to beef up

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Well since we're dreaming, if Uncle Kramer could come through with a little pork...how about moving the USDA Biosciences center over to 18th Street were it belongs. If we did this then that would open significant acreage up and would create an Athletics village of sort in NE campus. If we built a new arena on the old Dacotah site, we could build a Soccer/field hockey/W Rugby field on that site along with a facility that would house locker room, offices, meeting rooms, recruiting areas etc, for those sports plus T&F. It would also give us space to eventually build an IPF facility specifically for baseball and softball, something they both desperately need. Lastly, it would provide much needed additional parking and tailgating space for the FFD along with better proximity parking for Newman, T&F, and the new arena.

Screenshot_20220802-081640.jpg
    Moving the Biosciences would be huge. It would also give Newman the ability to build something in the outfield. But like you said, that will probably never happen. Baskeball on Dacotah Field. The new soccer field and an athletics village could probably fit on the strip of land just to the west of Tharaldson Park. Right now it's just a grassy field and a couple of crapppy baseball / softball diamonds. Then across the street where Rugby is, they could do an IPF for baseball / softball.

All that empty land there is being underutilized for sure. I love the idea of the athletics village but I think we should try something even bigger. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...ht=crazy+ideas
    An athletics village / title town setup would be next level and really bring that entire complex together. How cool would it be to have something on site for football tailgating, baseball, softball, track & field, basketball and soccer games. Talk about a cool place for the Summit League baseball, track and softball tournaments. The whole area is frustrating because there are really no services within walking distance of the dome or any of the facilities. If you don't want to tailgate in the cold, you're only choice within walking distance is B-Dubs which is lame AF and full on gamedays. Even the Candlewood is lame. No restaurant or bar & grill attached to it.

If the dome gets a hotel, it will help if they can get a restaurant / bar and grill attached to it, but it won't be next level

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Talking Bison stuff with my family last night. Selling beer and alcohol at sporting events came up and I have several questions, comments, statements on the matter.

1. How can they sell alcohol at a NDSU sporting event, in a city owned building, on NDSU owned land? NDSU is a dry campus.
    a. At what point in $$$ beer sales did the university compromise their ideals, principles, and documented regulations to make money. This is unequitable to the student body who majorly funds the university through tuition, fees, books, supplies, food sales, etc.

2. Where will they allow alcohol in Dome during games?
    a. Certain sideline sections? whist band? beer gardens in the corners?

3. If basketball already does it, and football will start this season, why can't the other sports do it to? Does this sort of run along the lines of Title IX in the equity for both sexes category? Two male sports and one female sport can sell currently.
    a. I would argue the other sports should be allowed to sell alcohol at events as well. Which might INCREASE Attendance at their events. Hell, Newman Field already has the infrastructure to provide alcohol sales as they do for Red Hawks games.

Seems like a pandora's box of controversy and legal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Talking Bison stuff with my family last night. Selling beer and alcohol at sporting events came up and I have several questions, comments, statements on the matter.

1. How can they sell alcohol at a NDSU sporting event, in a city owned building, on NDSU owned land? NDSU is a dry campus.
    a. At what point in $$$ beer sales did the university compromise their ideals, principles, and documented regulations to make money. This is unequitable to the student body who majorly funds the university through tuition, fees, books, supplies, food sales, etc.

2. Where will they allow alcohol in Dome during games?
    a. Certain sideline sections? whist band? beer gardens in the corners?

3. If basketball already does it, and football will start this season, why can't the other sports do it to? Does this sort of run along the lines of Title IX in the equity for both sexes category? Two male sports and one female sport can sell currently.
    a. I would argue the other sports should be allowed to sell alcohol at events as well. Which might INCREASE Attendance at their events. Hell, Newman Field already has the infrastructure to provide alcohol sales as they do for Red Hawks games.

Seems like a pandora's box of controversy and legal issues.
    Not sure what’s so controversial or likely to cause legal issues. Seems anything like that if it were going to come at all would have been tied to the introduction at basketball an NDSU event in an on campus NDSU facility. It’s not like the football team is keeping the revenue for themselves it’s athletic department revenue so title XI shouldn’t be an issue.

If the department wants to make alcohol available to patrons at other sporting events good for them.

I don’t see how any of this is inequitable to the student body either.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

shut up and drink
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?