Page 50 of 135 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You can drink and drive as long as you're below .08. So it's legal to drive after drinking but illegal to drink in public. Good reasoning
    Exactly. Why the qualifier of .08 at all if you own the public roads that you’re drinking and driving on.

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Exactly. Why the qualifier of .08 at all if you own the public roads that you’re drinking and driving on.
    You should be able to drink a beer while driving as long as you're below .08

You need DUI laws to protect the public. You dont need nanny state laws to protect people from themselves. Last time I checked a guy walking on a public sidewalk or as a passenger in a car with a flask is no threat to the public. And if he gets rowdy, there are laws that already exist

I also think prostitution should be legal. Isnt it strange how its illegal to charge for something that is completely legal to give away for free?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

its all on President Bresciani.

If he called Rob Sobolick today and said "we would like to serve beer at the games" it would be a done deal.

the dome is getting stale, the run is plateauing.. lets rachet up the noise in there!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

You should be able to drink a beer while driving as long as you're below .08

You need DUI laws to protect the public. You dont need nanny state laws to protect people from themselves. Last time I checked a guy walking on a public sidewalk or as a passenger in a car with a flask is no threat to the public. And if he gets rowdy, there are laws that already exist

I also think prostitution should be legal. Isnt it strange how its illegal to charge for something that is completely legal to give away for free?
    Alright! Now we are getting somewhere!

I take it then that you would be okay with smoking in the Dome during games? It is after all a public facility that is owned by taxpayers, some that would like to smoke and not have to go outside.

Alright! Now we are getting somewhere!

I take it then that you would be okay with smoking in the Dome during games? It is after all a public facility that is owned by taxpayers, some that would like to smoke and not have to go outside.
    No second hand smoke is a public safety issue. (I think its greatly exaggerated but I'll concede on that one) That's why they have smoking sections. But I believe you should be able to consume illegal drugs before going to a game if you can control yourself and abide by the laws and not drive. Last time I checked the guy sitting next to me who consumed a weed brownie isnt a threat to me or anyone. Free country.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Default Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

No second hand smoke is a public safety issue. That's why they have smoking sections. But I believe you should be able to consume illegal drugs before going to a game if you can control yourself and abide by the laws and not drive. Last time I checked the guy sitting next to me who consumed a weed brownie isnt a threat to me or anyone.
    What? It sounds to me like you are saying people can’t just do whatever they want (like lighting up a smoke at the game) just because they “own” a public facility as taxpayers.

What? It sounds to me like you are saying people can’t just do whatever they want (like lighting up a smoke at the game) just because they “own” a public facility as taxpayers.
    No. That's what you want to think I'm saying. I said public safety issues like DUIs and public smoking need to have laws. That's not what we do as a society. We make pretty much everything illegal on the false pretense that it's all for public safety. I contend that nanny state laws like open containers, over restrictive gun laws, and controlling what and where people can drink alcohol, use drugs, and other useless laws do nothing for public safety and take away from civil liberties and freedoms which should be the top priority.

No. That's what you want to think I'm saying. I said public safety issues like DUIs and public smoking need to have laws. That's not what we do as a society. We make pretty much everything illegal on the false pretense that it's all for public safety. I contend that nanny state laws like open containers, over restrictive gun laws, and controlling what and where people can drink alcohol, use drugs, and other useless laws do nothing for public safety and take away from civil liberties and freedoms which should be the top priority.
    So you’re saying that you CAN do whatever you want in the Dome, during the game, as long it’s not a public safety issue, and you get to decide that for yourself because you own the place as a taxpayer.

So you’re saying that you CAN do whatever you want in the Dome, during the game, as long it’s not a public safety issue, and you get to decide that for yourself because you own the place as a taxpayer.
    Sounds about right. Imagine a world where you are responsible for yourself without the government watching and controlling virtually every decision in your life. You'd be like... free!!

Thanks for smoking out this reasoning Greta. I will be bringing my AR-15 to tailgating and the Dome at the next home game. My 1968 bayonet will also be tagging along. I hope everyone else will join me, it is a free country. Oh, and for those of you who are experts in everything (you know who you are), you can still be arrested for DUI in ND if your BAC is under 0.08.
    https://www.nd.gov/ndhp/node/46
    Last edited by Vet70; 04-06-2019 at 09:49 AM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix