Page 116 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1341

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Alcohol will be available in every section of the dome. It was stayed in an article a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Alcohol will be available in every section of the dome. It was stayed in an article a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I don't subscribe to the digital Fool'em paywall.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Not sure what’s so controversial or likely to cause legal issues. Seems anything like that if it were going to come at all would have been tied to the introduction at basketball an NDSU event in an on campus NDSU facility. It’s not like the football team is keeping the revenue for themselves it’s athletic department revenue so title XI shouldn’t be an issue.

If the department wants to make alcohol available to patrons at other sporting events good for them.

I don’t see how any of this is inequitable to the student body either.
    I see it as unequitable to the student body as-

The university not allowing students to buy their own alcohol and consume it on campus the university does not get a share of the profit, but has all the hassle of managing and dealing with the effects of drinking. But when the university (or athletic department subsidiary section) gets revenue from the sale, they accept it.

I'm just a bit rubbed the wrong way in that athletics seems to be prioritized over education or that they get special treatment. And NO, no one needs to reiterate that it has always been this way or that yes, they bring in revenue and recognition to NDSU. I honestly ultimately don't care whether they alcohol at one sporting event or none. I'm just pointing out some people may see an issue with this and try to exploit it legally or otherwise. And to also stir the pot and get you all thinking about the details about NDSU's actions and choices.

I will personally not be buying booze at the Fargodome or BSA..........depending on price.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post

The university not allowing students to buy their own alcohol and consume it on campus the university does not get a share of the profit, but has all the hassle of managing and dealing with the effects of drinking. But when the university (or athletic department subsidiary section) gets revenue from the sale, they accept it.

I'm just a bit rubbed the wrong way in that athletics seems to be prioritized over education or that they get special treatment. And NO, no one needs to reiterate that it has always been this way or that yes, they bring in revenue and recognition to NDSU. I honestly ultimately don't care whether they alcohol at one sporting event or none. I'm just pointing out some people may see an issue with this and try to exploit it legally or otherwise. And to also stir the pot and get you all thinking about the details about NDSU's actions and choices.

I will personally not be buying booze at the Fargodome or BSA..........depending on price.
    It’s not that big of a deal. Colleges across the country are dry and sell alcohol at their sporting events. This is not a big deal anywhere out side of the land of Mormons! Alcohol being sold in the Fargodome will be like any other event except I’m sure they won’t allow drinking in the student sections. I can’t believe it has taken this long to get NDSU up to speed with everyone else!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post

You say athletics is prioritized over education...no shit, this isn't Harvard or Yale.
    Same as Alabama isn't.

Colleges are a money making scheme, so they have to make money one way or the other. Without a shit ton of wealthy donors, athletics helps a lot.
    Don't care if it's a state college, it's still a money making MLM scheme, and things like successful football teams sure help alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    You say athletics is prioritized over education...no shit, this isn't Harvard or Yale.
    Same as Alabama isn't.

Colleges are a money making scheme, so they have to make money one way or the other. Without a shit ton of wealthy donors, athletics helps a lot.
    Don't care if it's a state college, it's still a money making MLM scheme, and things like successful football teams sure help alot.
    Yes trying to making people a little more capable is actually a conspiracy to separate them from their money.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Yes trying to making people a little more capable is actually a conspiracy to separate them from their money.
    The poorly educated are more loved by some.

This will be SD BISON by halftime
    https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRUCuu4u/?k=1
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Ok we got Beer NOW TIME FOR THIS!!!

Mississippi State Adds Seating Where Fans Can Bring Their Own Coolers or Refrigerators to Tailgate Inside the Stadium During Football Games
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Ok we got Beer NOW TIME FOR THIS!!!

Mississippi State Adds Seating Where Fans Can Bring Their Own Coolers or Refrigerators to Tailgate Inside the Stadium During Football Games
    If this is what you really want, I suggest moving to Mississippi.

533 In a row