Page 67 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Nope...beer for my horses
    So it would be whiskey for my men.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Would only the men get to drink beer?
    It will probably be lite beer.
    Real women don’t drink lite beer.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

So it would be whiskey for my men.
    I get explosive diarrhea from beer and whisky. Do you really want that in the Dome?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Answer Guy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I get explosive diarrhea from beer and whisky. Do you really want that in the Dome?
    I would buy a ticket to see that. Not too close to you, though.
    Teh Interwebs – a place you can say stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Answer Guy View Post
    I would buy a ticket to see that. Not too close to you, though.
    I heard there's not a good seat in the house. Plenty still available.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

$8/beer x 20,000 beers/game = $160k.

vendors/Dome get 100k ndsu 60k? 10 games thats $600k
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    $8/beer x 20,000 beers/game = $160k.

vendors/Dome get 100k ndsu 60k? 10 games thats $600k
    **How do you know it is going to be 20,000 beers a game? Average attendance for 10 games last year was 18,106. How many were under 21? How many don't drink? How many are going to buy an $8.00 beer when they can buy 24 on sale for $24.00? Does the actual number of beers sold decrease when the novelty wears off? The 20,000 beers a game is a guess.
    **Most years during the run we have had less than 10 home games. Even nine would be assuming the run continues.
    **You have a question mark after the Dome/Vendor/NDSU split, so that figure is a guess as well.
    **What is going to be the cost of increased security? Everything that I have read said this happens when beer goes on sale.
    **Do insurance costs increase? If so, who pays for it?
    **I am sure there are other questions that Chubbs could ask. How much money there is actually to be had is unknown to most of us peons.
    Last edited by Vet70; 07-20-2019 at 11:29 AM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

**How do you know it is going to be 20,000 beers a game? Average attendance for 10 games last year was 18,106. How many were under 21? How many don't drink? How many are going to buy an $8.00 beer when they can buy 24 on sale for $24.00? Does the actual number of beers sold decrease when the novelty wears off? The 20,000 beers a game is a guess.
    **Most years during the run we have had less than 10 home games. Even nine would be assuming the run continues.
    **You have a question mark after the Dome/Vendor/NDSU split, so that figure is a guess as well.
    **What is going to be the cost of increased security? Everything that I have read said this happens when beer goes on sale.
    **I am sure there are other questions that Chubbs could ask. How much money there is actually to be had is unknown to most of us peons.
    Not to mention the Bisonville Chief Business Expert confusing Gross and Net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think 20,000 beers is too high of an estimate.

In his defense, of course they're guesses as this hasn't happened yet. All you can do is guess/estimate, businesses do that everyday before making these types of decisions.

It's hard to imagine how much more security they could have as it feels like there is a lot of security already. I would think diminishing marginal benefit would come into play pretty quickly.

I'm not defending his numbers, I'm just asking how do YOU know? You don't. No one does. That doesn't mean this can't or won't happen.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I would think 20,000 beers is too high of an estimate.

In his defense, of course they're guesses as this hasn't happened yet. All you can do is guess/estimate, businesses do that everyday before making these types of decisions.

It's hard to imagine how much more security they could have as it feels like there is a lot of security already. I would think diminishing marginal benefit would come into play pretty quickly.

I'm not defending his numbers, I'm just asking how do YOU know? You don't. No one does. That doesn't mean this can't or won't happen.
    I agree with you on a number of your points. I am guessing there would be more security in an effort to keep beer out of the hands of the under 21 crowd. Maybe I am wrong. You are correct, I don't know the numbers and I said as much. It more likely than not will happen someday, but we also need to factor in---from what I understand---the current President is pretty dead set against the idea.
    Paul Fix