Page 107 of 135 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1341

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Could Fargodome do a deep cleaning as part of this refresh and renew effort?

I was in Section 29 Friday night and it took a crowbar to get my shoes off the sticky floor.

ok how do we get beer? whens the next meeting? who do we need to contact. let's get this done.

cmon Bisonville. let's put our differences aside & stop picking on me for 1 day and get BEER AT GAMES!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post

I was in Section 29 Friday night and it took a crowbar to get my shoes off the sticky floor.
    After the next monster truck rally, that stickiness will be taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post

So you had chapos seats?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So you had chapos seats?
    Was Chip N Dales in town?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Latest meeting. New turf was discussed but no major upgrade talks or discussions. Busy month in March. Surplus fund has gone down slightly to 46.9 million as of late February

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Year to date 2022, the Fargodome has a surplus of 482k through April

3 more concerts coming up. Machine Gun Kelly, Maroon 5 and Greta Van Fleet plus USA WRESTLING, Rib Fest and football season, so it should be another year of a profit. This is after getting out of covid with a huge profit due to an insurance claim and a 4+ million dollar Shuddered Venue grant

Surplus is down to 46.7 million since the stock market is shit but they held off investing 5 million which appears to have been a brilliant move. So it's really over 50 million.

New turf going in on June 16th.

Rob Sobolik talked about a nationwide decline in college football attendance but he is apparently oblivious to the reasons why because his solutions are the opposite of what would be effective

He had a discussion about beer at NDSU and he hinted that if thar happens, the dome may want to cut down the tailgating time. Apparently he wants to avoid riots, human sacrifices and imminent death of hundreds of people, including children.

One of the Fargodome Authority members (cant remember who) pointed out thar the tailgating experience is what makes the gameday and helps attendance. Rob actually responded that he doesn't care about non football game goers because the dome doesn't make any money off of them. (Despite the fact the dome is owned by the taxpayers) NDSU is the top tennant in the dome and Rob wants to ruin the experience by cutting down tailgating if we get beer, so he doesn't have to pay the employees to be in the dome. Good job Rob. Let's take away what makes GameDay special when attendance is declining nationwide

One of the reasons cited for declining attendance nationwide for sports is cost. So they are exploring ideas to increase revenue including price hikes for parking. That's not a bad idea because $5 is a 1995 rate but he doesnt want to increase it a few bucks. He was talking $10 to $20. If attendance declining nationwide is due in part to rising costs.. hey let's make way more expensive when the dome is profitable and keep fans away!

Seems like they are missing revenue opportunities for pretty much everything, including free events, like the well attended high school graduations. How about selling some food there buddy. It's beyond stupid they don't when these events draw big crowds collectively. I mean who wants to sit for 3 hours and not buy a water. Or how about food trucks in the parking lot? But that takes some effort and is much harder than increasing parking 400%

Whined that labor is too expensive but labor costs were under budget

Capital budget for 2023 has no major projects other than electrical and assumingly bond payment 6 of 10 for the video board systems

They are budgeting in 2023 like the entertainment industry is going to shit and expect only a 10k surplus, which is ridiculous since 2022 will be a huge profit year and the entertainment industry is well past the rebound stage. In fact, live Nation had their best 1st quarter in history.

https://www.livenationentertainment....-2022-results/

The Alerus Center had a record number of concerts too.

So overall... no fixes to any of the attendance problems other than raising fees to generate revenue when the building is still profitable AF. Instead of addressing the issues he's talked about like narrow concourses, bottle necking lines, not enough bathrooms, slow entry into the dome, wifi, and the need for convention space... he is putting his tail between his legs and acting like the industry is still in its covid days when it's not

I'm starting to question if the dome authority is in touch with reality, particularly Rob Sobolik

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Mark me down as vehemently opposed to selling beer in the Fargodome if it means a reduction in tailgating time.

Another way to reduce labor costs would be to allow people to park their rigs in the actual tailgate lot on Friday but don't allow setup until the designated time Saturday morning. They wouldn't need the army of bright yellow vests directing traffic on Saturday morning then.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Mark me down as vehemently opposed to selling beer in the Fargodome if it means a reduction in tailgating time.

Another way to reduce labor costs would be to allow people to park their rigs in the actual tailgate lot on Friday but don't allow setup until the designated time Saturday morning. They wouldn't need the army of bright yellow vests directing traffic on Saturday morning then.
    But..... What if someone drank a beer?!?!?!?!?!?!

If tailgating time gets reduced...I am pretty sure our group would stop tailgating (guys in our 30s) and possibly get rid our season tickets. Most of our group has way more fun during tailgating than the actual games.

It is almost like Rob has no idea what drives attendance at NDSU games....With gas prices near 4.50/gallon - I am pretty sure after Homecoming we will see crowds of 10K.

One way to drum up revenue - let people pay extra to park their rigs in the lot the night before.