Page 55 of 135 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    F Politics. I just want to enjoy a beer at the game instead of having to do 13 bison bombs with longhorn so i can keep a 3 hour buzz.
    And you wonder why they wont sell beer at the FD?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    And you wonder why they wont sell beer at the FD?
    !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

F Politics. I just want to enjoy a beer at the game instead of having to do 13 bison bombs with longhorn so I can keep a 3-hour buzz.
    Why do you have to keep a three-hour buzz to enjoy a football game? Relax, no matter how much you complain on BV you are not going to get a beer at Bison athletics anytime soon.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Why do you have to keep a three-hour buzz to enjoy a football game? Relax, no matter how much you complain on BV you are not going to get a beer at Bison athletics anytime soon.
    Thank God!!! Have you been to the concerts at the dome in the last few years? What a mess...

F Politics. I just want to enjoy a beer at the game instead of having to do 13 bison bombs with longhorn so i can keep a 3 hour buzz.
    I spend most of the game sobering up after a 5 hour tailgate so I wouldn't buy even 1 beer. But it's a free country so if Chapo wants to pound 13 beers, let him. As as long as he can obey the rules and doesnt drive home. And if he doesn't, he will be held accountable for his own actions. We shouldn't decide for a grown man. Just my opinion

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'd like to have the option available. Most of the time I wouldn't pay what they would charge for one, but there are times when I don't get a chance to really tailgate where it's be nice to have the option once I get in the doors.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I spend most of the game sobering up after a 5 hour tailgate so I wouldn't buy even 1 beer. But it's a free country so if Chapo wants to pound 13 beers, let him. As as long as he can obey the rules and doesnt drive home. And if he doesn't, he will be held accountable for his own actions. We shouldn't decide for a grown man. Just my opinion
    Which brings us back full circle to Vet70’s post that said the facility and event manager should be allowed (in other words, have the freedom) to choose what they do and don’t want to sell at an event.

This happens all the time in our everyday lives, and it has nothing to do with our freedoms. It is not illegal to sell alcohol in the Dome. Whoever is responsible for hosting and managing NDSU football games in that Dome has exercised their own freedom to not sell it at their event. You and I may not like it, but they are not hurting anyone by making this choice, so by legal virtue of their authority have every right to do so.

You, by your initial response, challenged that notion by saying that the public owns the facility and the campus, therefore implying that we as the tax paying owners can make those choices. That is true from a macro sense in that you can use your voting and advocacy power to effect such change eventually, but is entirely untrue and incorrect (and frankly, dangerous to our overall freedom) to suggest that we can make these choices directly and individually.

Nowhere in my post do I imply that Chapo can't pound all the alcohol he wants and we should make decisions for him. I simply asked him a question. You seem to want to twist it into something it is not.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Which brings us back full circle to Vet70’s post that said the facility and event manager should be allowed (in other words, have the freedom) to choose what they do and don’t want to sell at an event.

This happens all the time in our everyday lives, and it has nothing to do with our freedoms. It is not illegal to sell alcohol in the Dome. Whoever is responsible for hosting and managing NDSU football games in that Dome has exercised their own freedom to not sell it at their event. You and I may not like it, but they are not hurting anyone by making this choice, so by legal virtue of their authority have every right to do so.

You, by your initial response, challenged that notion by saying that the public owns the facility and the campus, therefore implying that we as the tax paying owners can make those choices. That is true from a macro sense in that you can use your voting and advocacy power to effect such change eventually, but is entirely untrue and incorrect (and frankly, dangerous to our overall freedom) to suggest that we can make these choices directly and individually.
    I think people generally police themselves. This isnt Detroit Michigan. Its North Dakota, where people generally make wise decisions. It's the same reason that when they eliminated the no speed limit in Montana, highway deaths actually went up. I'm not for lawlessness. I'm more against creating laws just for the sake of padding some politicians resume.

Well have to agree to disagree. That's ok.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I think people generally police themselves. This isnt Detroit Michigan. Its North Dakota, where people generally make wise decisions. It's the same reason that when they eliminated the no speed limit in Montana, highway deaths actually went up. I'm not for lawlessness. I'm more against creating laws just for the sake of padding some politicians resume.

Well have to agree to disagree. That's ok.
    Again, there is no law against selling beer in the Fargo Dome. It is a decision made by the rightful authority of the venue and event.

But I can certainly agree with you on many of the nanny laws that ARE on the books.

And I do appreciate also that our discussion has been relatively civil.