Page 71 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    He's right though that GA tailgating has been extended into non Fargodome lots. That's an indication DB isn't totally against the expansion of alcohol consumption at football games.
    Before football games, unless football is taking place during tailgating.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    El Chapo’s “numbers” contemplate a world where there is zero cost of goods and no other costs AND NDSU keeps 37.5% of the gross sales.

Whoever is on the other end of that deal is going to lose their ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Again, I'm not saying his numbers are correct. On the other hand, many schools and professional sports teams are doing this and I would assume they are making some profit. If not, one would have to assume that either all these teams are losing money on beer sales (doubtful) or that people in Fargo that would be running this are dumber that all of the other teams (unlikely) or that some involved in the decision are adding costs and hurdles intentionally to make it appear to be a problem and/or not economic (somewhat likely).

Rather than start with a question (beer, yes or no) and then add up all of the costs and benefits and make an informed decision, it feels like some in power have started with the answer (no) and then are setting out to prove that it doesn't make sense or can't work. But how does it work some many other places?

It will happen eventually, things will be fine and we'll laugh about how silly it was that an adult couldn't buy a beer at a ball game. Sunday opening was going to bring the end of times as well. Gotta love North Dakota.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    Again, I'm not saying his numbers are correct. On the other hand, many schools and professional sports teams are doing this and I would assume they are making some profit. If not, one would have to assume that either all these teams are losing money on beer sales (doubtful) or that people in Fargo that would be running this are dumber that all of the other teams (unlikely) or that some involved in the decision are adding costs and hurdles intentionally to make it appear to be a problem and/or not economic (somewhat likely).

Rather than start with a question (beer, yes or no) and then add up all of the costs and benefits and make an informed decision, it feels like some in power have started with the answer (no) and then are setting out to prove that it doesn't make sense or can't work. But how does it work some many other places?

It will happen eventually, things will be fine and we'll laugh about how silly it was that an adult couldn't buy a beer at a ball game. Sunday opening was going to bring the end of times as well. Gotta love North Dakota.
    When you come right down to it I don't think selling beer at games is the end of human existence as we know it. What I do believe is that the "powers that be" have made a decision that is not solely based on economics when they look at costs/benefits.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Stats on binge drinking is a meaningless discussion unless you're a prohibitionist.
    I am totally lost on this one.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I am totally lost on this one.
    There were a bunch of quotes and numbers about the dangers of alcohol. I'm just saying it's the wrong way of looking at it. The real question is WHY do so many college students choose to binge drink? It's been like this for decades.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

You are correct. And now before a single softball game, not during.

But if that is their line of demarcation, that seems to be an awfully thin basis of reasoning.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Bergseth Bros are huge NDSU fans. Lets go
    Not surprised that you knew the answer to this question.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Not surprised that you knew the answer to this question.
    No disrespect to Chapo but that one is pretty common knowledge. Wanna bet beer in the Dome has already been discussed with DB?
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    You are correct. And now before a single softball game, not during.

But if that is their line of demarcation, that seems to be an awfully thin basis of reasoning.
    Yes, and binge drinking should be a far greater concern before the game at tailgating then during the game buying $8 beers, unless someone wants to claim otherwise.

They should probably have a rule that football cannot be played while people are tailgating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.