Page 64 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I’m not trying shame anyone for my own benefit. So, no. I’m trying to understand the big need for more intoxication in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

yes since there is NO beer inside the dome, LOTS of people pound 4-5 shots or couple beers since they know they won't be having any for 3+ hours.

so by having beer, you don't need to do that. Ok Mr Morality?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    yes since there is NO beer inside the dome, LOTS of people pound 4-5 shots or couple beers since they know they won't be having any for 3+ hours.

Thats peoples choice, I think the point is that those same people would probably pound 4-5 beers and still drink more inside the dome.
    Just saying, I prefer not to drink that much at games. Thats my choice and I am glad they don't serve beer at NDSU football games.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

My guess, again based on what I've seen over the last dozen years at Mile High, people that are going to pound beer (or any other liquor) before a game are going to do so whether or not alcohol is sold inside.

Again, I don't see how one can enjoy an event when they are plastered to a point that they might not even remember it.

In regards to the FargoDome and the City of Fargo, I doubt they want to be force to deal with this crap, especially with how steep the stairs are:

Hail the BISON!!!

If they did serve beer in the FD those drinking 4-5 shots are still going to drink 4-5 shots because there is no hard alcohol served and beer is 8 bucks a cup.

There is already too many drunks in the FD as it is.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

My guess, again based on what I've seen over the last dozen years at Mile High, people that are going to pound beer (or any other liquor) before a game are going to do so whether or not alcohol is sold inside.
    Again, I don't see how one can enjoy an event when they are plastered to a point that they might not even remember it.
    In regards to the FargoDome and the City of Fargo, I doubt they want to be force to deal with this crap, especially with how steep the stairs are:
    I am not keen on selling beer at football games but the flaw in your argument is that the stairs are just as steep for other events where the Dome sells beer. There may not be tailgating beforehand but there are plenty of drunks at these events as well.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Default Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I am not keen on selling beer at football games but the flaw in your argument is that the stairs are just as steep for other events where the Dome sells beer. There may not be tailgating beforehand but there are plenty of drunks at these events as well.
    Are there incidents during those events and who pays the insurance?

Hail the BISON!!!

do the stairs change angles for Concerts, Plays, Monster Trucks, Sportsman shows ect?

there are plenty of stupid acting sober people also
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Sooner or later this will happen. The world will not end and we'll wonder what all the fuss was about. At the pace the Sunday closing laws changed, I might not see it in my lifetime, however. Change is slow in ND.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Are there incidents during those events and who pays the insurance?

I have no clue who pays the insurance but if it is people sponsoring the event I highly doubt the City or Dome picks it up for NDSU football games. I also doubt there are more incidents involving fans, if by that you mean injuries, at football games.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix