Page 52 of 135 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    Just as you assume to think that you have the corner on all legitimate climate change data and thought?

Just as you assume to think to know when others are making “straw man” arguments or engaging in group think or tribalism?

Just as you assume the message can be avoided in debate if you can somehow debunk the messenger first?
    First one. No, I've never claimed that.

Second one. I do think I can identify those types of fallacious arguments and am happy to explain the reasoning why when I identify them.

Third one. I never claimed that either. I've said that if a source makes exaggerated claims about the "messenger's" expertise, you should demand evidence to substantiate the claim. Otherwise you should be more skeptical of the source as it may be attempting to set up appeal to authority claims which is fallacious reasoning. I'd be happy to move on to any specific claims of "the message", but no one who offers that source for evidence of their position feels the need to substantiate or concede the claim regarding the interviewee's breath of expertise. It's important to establish that point before addressing his individual claims. Not because they should be completely accepted or ignored based on the outcome, but because it provides context for the impartiality of the source and which claims from the expert actually like within his area of expertise.
    Last edited by EC8CH; 04-06-2019 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    My God you are desperate.
    I know, right?

What triggered my deep cravings, however, was the sign at the concession stands that indicated that - were it a different event - I could indeed be drinking a frosty cold malt beverage while I ate my salty bratwurst.

It was doubly cruel ...

And then you turn around and assume to know what Herdbot thinks!

Are you as completely self unaware as you come across?
    Difference is Im attempting to understand his reasoning in good faith in an attempt to reach a sincere understanding of his position.

You claim to know what people are thinking as a way of implying they are being disingenuous and you know what their true modivations are, or to twist their statements by reading further into their them than is justified to prove a point.

I know what you mean. When I go to a high school football game, the fact that I can’t get a beer with my bratwurst bugs the living sh*t out of me.

And most times, they don’t even have bratwurst, just hot dogs.
    I can survive at a football game without beer, but I don't think I could do it at a baseball game.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    I know, right?

What triggered my deep cravings, however, was the sign at the concession stands that indicated that - were it a different event - I could indeed be drinking a frosty cold malt beverage while I ate my salty bratwurst.

It was doubly cruel ...
    Good thing you didn't buy the dry sawdust pretzel. You could have actually died of thirst.

Default Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Difference is Im attempting to understand his reasoning in good faith in an attempt to reach a sincere understanding of his position.

You claim to know what people are thinking as a way of implying they are being disingenuous and you know what their true modivations are, or to twist their statements by reading further into their them than is justified to prove a point.
    There is ALWAYS a justifiable reason when you do ANYTHING. That much has already been well established and documented, in your own mind.

I stand corrected, again.

There is ALWAYS a justifiable reason when you do ANYTHING. That much has already been well established and documented, in you own mind.

I stand corrected, again.
    Can you explain how I'm wrong or is sarcasm all you have?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Can you explain how I'm wrong or is sarcasm all you have?
    You’re not wrong.

There, personal validation complete.

Move on and sleep well tonight.

You’re not wrong.

There, personal validation complete.

Move on and sleep well tonight.
    Why do you imply that you know my true motivation. I could be shown to be wrong and I'd sleep just as soundly. Just asking for sound reasoning to form my opinions.

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix