Page 74 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Then disagree we must. Obviously I have no scientific studies to back my null hypothesis there. Just the anecdotal evidence I have amassed by my own attendance of these events.

I agree that NFL games are generally more expensive to attend but that matters little to the folks who are unencumbered by a four year degree and its companion affinity to an alma mater, or its probability of a higher socioeconomic status.

Ford sells a whole bunch of brand new really expensive F-150s and it isn’t just to the college educated. Many (most?) of these buyers have underfunded IRA or 401k accounts and therefore should not be buying brand new pickups. Or contributing their meager excess net worth to the Billionaire Boys. Yet they do just that.

If I drive in to the A ramp in downtown Minneapolis and board the light rail to US Bank vs TCF Bank stadiums respectively there is a distinct and immediately noticeable difference in the nature and behavior of the other riders. And don’t even get me started on Cheesehead weekend.
    Just be glad you're not dealing with potheads........yet. Frustrating to deal with those who are drunk, stupid and high, regardless of which team they are cheering (well, trying to anyways) on.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Just be glad you're not dealing with potheads........yet. Frustrating to deal with those who are drunk, stupid and high, regardless of which team they are cheering (well, trying to anyways) on.
    I would choose to be around a pothead over a drunk. I see people get into drunken fights all the time. Pot just makes you buddies with everyone and is one of the least aggressive substances ever. I smoke from time to time and I'm proud to say I do. I certainly enjoy beer too.

Of course I prefer to not be around potheads or drunks. But casual users...

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I would choose to be around a pothead over a drunk. I see people get into drunken fights all the time. Pot just makes you buddies with everyone and is one of the least aggressive substances ever. I smoke from time to time and I'm proud to say I do. I certainly enjoy beer too.

Of course I prefer to not be around potheads or drunks. But casual users...
    I should have made my statement more clear as I was referring to those who use both substances simultaneously and make the game day experience around them miserable. Many times, they get booted from the stadium. When that happens, hopefully, they’re not driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    A couple thoughts. Since of the schools I'm aware of that added alcohol sakes were not selling out and likely saw offering alcohol as a way to get more people to attend games. That doesn't help NDSU.

The difference between alcohol at tailgating and the game is who is providing the alcohol. That changes the liability situation significantly. Fargodome and NDSU officials are still somewhat liable by allowing people to bring their own alcohol and partake in their property at their event but actually providing it even on a cash sale basis increases their liability.

I have no idea how much either of these affect any decisions but they could be factors.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Bolded is a big point that I think goes overlooked in these discussions and probably plays a big part in the admin's decision to not sell beer at the Fargodome during football games… yet. Once that cat is out of the bag there's no getting it back in so I think it's plausible that beer sales during football games is their "ace in the hole" if attendance ever starts to suffer. If attendance continues to be strong that's where I think the line of thought comes into play that it isn't enough of a benefit in selling beer to be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Bolded is a big point that I think goes overlooked in these discussions and probably plays a big part in the admin's decision to not sell beer at the Fargodome during football games… yet. Once that cat is out of the bag there's no getting it back in so I think it's plausible that beer sales during football games is their "ace in the hole" if attendance ever starts to suffer. If attendance continues to be strong that's where I think the line of thought comes into play that it isn't enough of a benefit in selling beer to be worth it.
    BOYCOTT GAMES = GET BEER sounds good!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

UNI doing it now!! lets go ndsu. hurry up

UNI Athletics to sell alcohol at all football and men's basketball games during the 2019-20 athletic year, starting Saturday at UNI Football's home opener against Southern Utah at the Dome.

Details and information. ⬇️

https://t.co/x36Xyb8MN9

#UNIFight
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    UNI doing it now!! lets go ndsu. hurry up

UNI Athletics to sell alcohol at all football and men's basketball games during the 2019-20 athletic year, starting Saturday at UNI Football's home opener against Southern Utah at the Dome.

Details and information. ⬇️

https://t.co/x36Xyb8MN9

#UNIFight
    Somebody please send the admin a copy of the embarrassing Bison fan in the cities, to help them decide against it. Just sayin so you know how I feel about it.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you cant go 3 hours without drinking at a football game, you need to take a long look in a mirror and figure out where you went wrong in life.

If you have a problem with adults consuming alcohol at a sporting event...
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

I heard Dan Michael’s saying the Fargodome has a new sound system, and is quite an upgrade. Looking forward to hearing in “4D”.