Page 73 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You should have said "Surely you are not understanding the context Clark. " I would have then responded "I was being facetious, and dont call me Shirley. "
    Surely you know that’s why I called you Shirley, Clark!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A couple thoughts. Since of the schools I'm aware of that added alcohol sakes were not selling out and likely saw offering alcohol as a way to get more people to attend games. That doesn't help NDSU.

The difference between alcohol at tailgating and the game is who is providing the alcohol. That changes the liability situation significantly. Fargodome and NDSU officials are still somewhat liable by allowing people to bring their own alcohol and partake in their property at their event but actually providing it even on a cash sale basis increases their liability.

I have no idea how much either of these affect any decisions but they could be factors.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    A couple thoughts. Since of the schools I'm aware of that added alcohol sakes were not selling out and likely saw offering alcohol as a way to get more people to attend games. That doesn't help NDSU.

The difference between alcohol at tailgating and the game is who is providing the alcohol. That changes the liability situation significantly. Fargodome and NDSU officials are still somewhat liable by allowing people to bring their own alcohol and partake in their property at their event but actually providing it even on a cash sale basis increases their liability.

I have no idea how much either of these affect any decisions but they could be factors.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    The Fargodome is responsible for all other events that serve alcohol in the dome as well. Not sure how having 6 more scheduled events that serve alcohol changes their risk or liability. Sure, Bison fans drink a lot in the parking lot before the game, I dont see how selling $7.00 beers inside all of a sudden creates an issue. Was there a huge problem the last two years in Frisco? Not that I heard of. Will there be a huge issue at Target Field? I doubt it.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    The Fargodome is responsible for all other events that serve alcohol in the dome as well. Not sure how having 6 more scheduled events that serve alcohol changes their risk or liability. Sure, Bison fans drink a lot in the parking lot before the game, I dont see how selling $7.00 beers inside all of a sudden creates an issue. Was there a huge problem the last two years in Frisco? Not that I heard of. Will there be a huge issue at Target Field? I doubt it.
    Just because it hasn't happened doesn't translate that it won't (it happens quite a bit at NFL games). Fortunately, there hasn't been in issue, but in regards to Frisco or Target Field, NDSU cannot be sued if an issue does occur at those places. The liability they are willing to take is a huge issue that most people don't understand. When using public money, especially in a state where it is scarce, being safe is probably the best way to go.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Just because it hasn't happened doesn't translate that it won't (it happens quite a bit at NFL games). Fortunately, there hasn't been in issue, but in regards to Frisco or Target Field, NDSU cannot be sued if an issue does occur at those places. The liability they are willing to take is a huge issue that most people don't understand. When using public money, especially in a state where it is scarce, being safe is probably the best way to go.
    ND has billions in the bank

come on......money isnt the issue
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    ND has billions in the bank

come on......money isnt the issue
    I also hear that ND doesn't have taxpayers that don't want to remind everyone where the taxes come from and therefore have some kind of ownership over whatever those taxes are spent on.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Christoper I would argue that the level of sophistication and economic status (I.e. shit at risk) of the attendees at NFL events is significantly lower than at collegiate events. In general. Did I say “significantly”? I meant to say “SIGNIFICANTLY!!!!!!!!!”

Thus when bad behavior occurs at the events put on by the Billionaire Boys of Negative Wealth Transfer (NFL owners for you folks playing the home game) fame I think no one should be surprised. The same behavior at collegiate events would indeed surprise me.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Christoper I would argue that the level of sophistication and economic status (I.e. shit at risk) of the attendees at NFL events is significantly lower than at collegiate events. In general. Did I say “significantly”? I meant to say “SIGNIFICANTLY!!!!!!!!!”

Thus when bad behavior occurs at the events put on by the Billionaire Boys of Negative Wealth Transfer (NFL owners for you folks playing the home game) fame I think no one should be surprised. The same behavior at collegiate events would indeed surprise me.
    I would have to disagree. Drunk and stupid people, regardless social economic status, are still going to do drunk and stupid things. Case in point, why isn't the Pat Bowlen Trust looking a Pat's son, John, to be his successor? Now if we were comparing young drunks to older drunks, I'm going to believe the younger drunks are going to do more stupid stuff.

In regards to which fans are richer and more sophisticated between the NFL and NCAA football, I'm pretty sure, on average, that it costs a whole lot more to attend an NFL game - probably by a lot.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I would have to disagree. Drunk and stupid people, regardless social economic status, are still going to do drunk and stupid things. Case in point, why isn't the Pat Bowlen Trust looking a Pat's son, John, to be his successor? Now if we were comparing young drunks to older drunks, I'm going to believe the younger drunks are going to do more stupid stuff.

In regards to which fans are richer and more sophisticated between the NFL and NCAA football, I'm pretty sure, on average, that it costs a whole lot more to attend an NFL game - probably by a lot.
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/a-loo...b0df0de8b061a3

"The NFL:

Demographics: The NFL fan is 41% more likely to be a Male than a Female, and is most likely to fall with the 50-59 age range. Where the NFL seems to be losing viewer interest is within the 20-29-year-old age range, as those consumers are 10% less likely to be interested in the NFL. In terms of income, we see the “sweet spot” for interest for online users with a household income between $75-$100k (10% more likely than average to earn this amount).

Lifestyle, Sports and Shopping: NFL fans are also 10% more likely to drive a Chevrolet and 19% more likely to be classified as frequent purchasers of pizza. Politically, they are about 13% more likely to be Republican over Democrat, with an associated 6% more interest in Paul Ryan than other political figures. The MLB was the chief competitor for the NFL during the timeframe this data was run (Fall 2017), with NFL fans more likely to show interest in baseball than other major sports leagues that were active at the time, such as the NBA or NHL.

NCAA Football:

Demographics: NCAA football fans are about 18% more likely to be aged 41-45 (a bit younger than their NFL counterparts) while they are also 26% more likely to be Male over Female, which is a smaller gender gap in comparison to the NFL. Household income is a bit higher than that of the NFL fan, with $125-$150k the most likely range for college football fans.

Lifestyle, Sports and Shopping: On gameday, you would be most likely to find NCAA football fans driving to the game in a Ford or GMC pickup, and less likely in a Dodge truck. Our NCAA fans are much more likely to be interested in certain outdoor activities than their NFL counterparts, with a 47% higher likelihood to show interest in Camping and Hiking. Politically, they are more Republican than even the NFL fans, with 20% more likelihood, and are about 7% more likely to donate to religious causes."

Then disagree we must. Obviously I have no scientific studies to back my null hypothesis there. Just the anecdotal evidence I have amassed by my own attendance of these events.

I agree that NFL games are generally more expensive to attend but that matters little to the folks who are unencumbered by a four year degree and its companion affinity to an alma mater, or its probability of a higher socioeconomic status.

Ford sells a whole bunch of brand new really expensive F-150s and it isn’t just to the college educated. Many (most?) of these buyers have underfunded IRA or 401k accounts and therefore should not be buying brand new pickups. Or contributing their meager excess net worth to the Billionaire Boys. Yet they do just that.

If I drive in to the A ramp in downtown Minneapolis and board the light rail to US Bank vs TCF Bank stadiums respectively there is a distinct and immediately noticeable difference in the nature and behavior of the other riders. And don’t even get me started on Cheesehead weekend.
    Don't believe everything you think.