Page 102 of 135 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1341

Thread: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Default Re: Fargodome officials consider adding seats/BEER for Bison games

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    the Frisco Beersnake on NDSU barstools Instagram had a few people tagging Fargodome ...

they replied. "we'd love to sell it, but that decision includes the university & officials"

see. there you go. NDSU admin just has to give the thumbs up.

let's freakin go.

beer snake races per section , winner gets free beer for a week!! (section 21 can us milk cartons)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYj32VjJ...dium=copy_link

ps 3rd video is Brock Jensen slamming beer & putting it on the snake. LEGEND!!!
    The Brock video is awesome. Sure looks like he had a blast down in Frisco...really good to see.

Beer in the stands has been an annoyance in the stands for me in the past...but it really wasn't an issue at all in my section...and there was a lot of beer being consumed. As long as it doesn't affect the time out tailgating, I could be on board.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

I went to Arizona vs Seattle football game at State Farm Arena on Sunday.

They had the metal scanners one location and ticket scanners at a different location. It seem to help out clear out the lines much faster than having them both together like NDSU and Frisco did. I sent a note to Fargo Dome about it to help better the flow of people into the stadium.

Any body else have some recommendations on how to improve the flow from other games that you have been at?

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post

They had the metal scanners one location and ticket scanners at a different location. It seem to help out clear out the lines much faster than having them both together like NDSU and Frisco did. I sent a note to Fargo Dome about it to help better the flow of people into the stadium.

Any body else have some recommendations on how to improve the flow from other games that you have been at?
    Lines. Like actual people standing in a line
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

They do this at US Bank Stadium too. The metal scanners are quite a long ways away from where tickets are scanned/checked. I do think it helps break line traffic a bit.

My suggestion is to not use the metal detectors. We haven't needed them in nearly 30 years at the Fargodome. Old school pat downs or the hand held metal detectors are much faster . These machines don't prevent anything other than getting into the game in a timely manner. I smuggle in alcohol every week but they would probably find it if they went back to the old way.

Ultimately, we just need to expand the concourses and add 1 additional entrance.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    My suggestion is to not use the metal detectors. We haven't needed them in nearly 30 years at the Fargodome. Old school pat downs or the hand held metal detectors are much faster . These machines don't prevent anything other than getting into the game in a timely manner. I smuggle in alcohol every week but they would probably find it if they went back to the old way.

Ultimately, we just need to expand the concourses and add 1 additional entrance.
    It was my understanding the metal detectors were installed so the dome could get contracts from national acts that demand it. So why are we using it for NDSU games? Just because they are there doesn't mean we HAVE to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    It was my understanding the metal detectors were installed so the dome could get contracts from national acts that demand it. So why are we using it for NDSU games? Just because they are there doesn't mean we HAVE to use them.
    Great point. Just because they have them doesn't mean they are required to use them. I bet NDSU could fix this if they wanted to. If they don't, the attendance will continue to erode. Fact: Declining attendance is connected to the year they bought those stupid things. It's just a terribly slow and unnecessary process. Maybe Matt Larson should wait in line for 45 minutes in -10 degree weather with a 30 mph wind. He may be like, fuck this shit!

Extending the concourse will solve the problem of freezing to death, but it won't solve the problem of missing the kickoff.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Exactly! Stop using them for football games. It's absurd.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Get rid of metal detectors. Why do they even have them?
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Get rid of metal detectors. Why do they even have them?
    Come on Councilor it all about liability.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."