Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NFL Draft

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2015 NFL Draft

Billy Turner was the only player drafted from last year's great team. The likelihood of anyone being drafted this year in my opinion is very slim. I will however go with Carlton Littlejohn in the 7th round.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBoy View Post
    Billy Turner was the only player drafted from last year's great team. The likelihood of anyone being drafted this year in my opinion is very slim. I will however go with Carlton Littlejohn in the 7th round.
    Agreed. Not very likely any of our guys get selected next year, but then I've been surprised by guys who didn't get drafted as well as guys getting drafted that I didn't think had a chance. NFL drafting is a strange critter and throws me for a loop every year

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    CLJ is the player I think has the best shot of playing in the NFL. He will get a shot at Strong Safety. Just curious to what his 40 time will be.
    CLJ and Beck both would fit the mold of an NFL safety. Beck is faster but I'm not sure the multiple shoulder surgeries aren't a red flag. CLJ might have a higher ceiling based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    CLJ and Beck both would fit the mold of an NFL safety. Beck is faster but I'm not sure the multiple shoulder surgeries aren't a red flag. CLJ might have a higher ceiling based on that.
    When is the last time a college LB made it in the NFL as a safety?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Maybe never. Proper size and speed is there. Just a thought

None of these guys will make a career in the NFL
    Too small or too slow or both. Nothing wrong with that.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Littlejohn probably best shot

Travis Beck is one of the best to ever play at NDSU at linebacker but he will not get drafted and I would be surprised if any NFL team signed him for one reason. His shoulders are bad. He's had at least two surgeries and if you really watch him closely in person, he is always favoring it when he tackles. Also look at his build and he's actually gotten smaller with his upper body over the past two years because of the shoulder issues and limited amount he has been able to lift. He is so fast I honestly believe he would get an NFL shot otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Pat Tillman is the last I can think of.
    We are NDSU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by twinterfun View Post
    Travis Beck is one of the best to ever play at NDSU at linebacker but he will not get drafted and I would be surprised if any NFL team signed him for one reason. His shoulders are bad. He's had at least two surgeries and if you really watch him closely in person, he is always favoring it when he tackles. Also look at his build and he's actually gotten smaller with his upper body over the past two years because of the shoulder issues and limited amount he has been able to lift. He is so fast I honestly believe he would get an NFL shot otherwise.
    That's exactly how I see it.