Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interest in NDSU MBB Gathering before November 14th game against UT

Default Interest in NDSU MBB Gathering before November 14th game against UT

Hello All -

My wife and I live in Austin, and looking to host a pre-game 11/14 event at a local establishment near the Frank Erwin Center, before the Bison and Longhorn matchup. There are 485 alumni that live within 100 miles of Austin, and thus we could draw 15 - 25 folks. However, I wanted to inquire if any Bisonville folks plan to attend the game. If a handful of people will, we will move forward with hosting a pre-game.

Please PM if you are planning to attend, and would like to gather with some NDSU alumni and fans.

Cheers!
    Leif Hemstad '92

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Interest in NDSU MBB Gathering before November 14th game against UT

Be sure to contact the Alumni Association if you have not already done so. They will likely do a mailing for you and send some goodies.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Would love to make it to that game, I love ATX. The FEC is pretty sweet too, but man is that going to be a bloodbath. Anyone making the trip needs to hit Franklin BBQ(and I hear there is another really great place now too).

If you are younger, Austin is definitely a place you want to go to, especially that early in November because "winter" hasn't shown up usually. A ton of the bars on 6th St are open-air and/or have rooftop bars.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

make it happen ottertaillakebison!! I wish I could be there!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Great. If people do attend, we will be hosting a pre-game starting at 4:30 PM on 11/14. It will be at the Brick Oven at 1209 Red River Street, Austin, 3 blocks from FEC. Sherri Schmidt and the Alumni Association will be helping evangelize.

BBQ aficionados please read here -
    http://www.mystatesman.com/news/ente...tthew-o/nfzW4/

If in town, PM me for ideas or visit - www.austin360.com

me during the game

EZ-the new BBQ joint is J Mueller. its his sons now, but his dad was a Texas BBQ legend. I read its Franklins, without the 3 hour line.

ottertail, im trying to round up some cronies for a Horns football weekend next season. maybe we'll get in touch. Always fun meeting internet folk, especially random NDSU guy in ATX. Haha.

Not to muck up the thread, but yeah Mueller is a huge name in the BBQ world. Louie Mueller must be his dad?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was just in Austin a few weeks ago and ate at Rudy's and the extra moist brisket they have their might be the best BBQ I've ever had. I don't frequent southern bbq as much as I would like to so my opinions are limited but it was a lot better than Salt Lick in my opinion and a fun atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Would love to make it to that game, I love ATX. The FEC is pretty sweet too, but man is that going to be a bloodbath. Anyone making the trip needs to hit Franklin BBQ(and I hear there is another really great place now too).

If you are younger, Austin is definitely a place you want to go to, especially that early in November because "winter" hasn't shown up usually. A ton of the bars on 6th St are open-air and/or have rooftop bars.
    I hope we both are wrong but this could be an ugly game, hate Texas but that team could be fun to watch this year as long as Barnes doesn't turn into his usual self and mess it up.

Still pissed you guys got Turner.
    "We All From Africa"

Haven't been excited about a recruit since Durant

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk