Both men's and women's teams are doing well. Makes me think that NDSU's new hire, Andrew Carlson (and Travis Fitzke, is he still at 'SU as an assistant?) is doing a terrific job.

Erin Teschuk took 3rd (amongst collegians) at Stanford a few weeks ago, which is fantastic. It is not often a men's NDSU cross-country squad beats both the South Dakota schools, yet the men did it this year. Some surprising (positive) results from the Ron Pynn meet last weekend. On the women's side, Paige Stratioti took over a minute off her best 5K time. That is a pretty darn huge improvement. A 5k is a bit over three miles, so imagine someone taking 22 seconds off their best mile time ... that is a damn big improvement. Bodes well for her upcoming track season. She has shown great speed in the 400m, so with a stronger distance base, could very well be a big breakthrough year for her in the 800m. On the men's side, I was expecting to see Brett Kelly be the top Bison given his strong performance last spring in the steeplechase at the NCAAs. Yet he was the 3rd best Bison, so it appears to me that Carlson is doing a good job of teasing talent out of the Bison runners that has not yet been realized.

I continue to be amazed at all that NDSU is doing not only in football but also in Track and Field and now Cross Country. It will be interesting to see how NDSU does for the Conference and National meets.