Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CJ Smith/Jordan Champion

Default Re: CJ Smith/Jordan Champion

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    good point. can the bashers take the convo to the MWILL thread. here. > http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...70-MWill/page3

thanks for ruining another thread with your hate
    To be fair, your opinions are never just so/so....they are always over the top. You create drama. Nothing scary drama, but you bait people into things by calling him the best ever....etc. Lets just say this...WE GET IT! You like MWILL, you love to talk to him, you love FBS, you force your opinions. WE GET IT!!!!

Our current corners are basically dominating. Champion is a great success story...hey Gabe...he is from Arizona, and one of the nicest young men we have. Lets go find another one!!!! His run support is nails. Pound for pound, he will hit you. You simply cannot test our corners. I love Marcus, and he was tremendous, to have an opportunity at the NFL is a tremendous accomplishment, he is a kid who needs a chance. He isn't fast, but he plays fast in pads. I hope he gets a look this season in NY. I wish some of these threads would talk more about the current NDSU DOMINATION as opposed to always starting a polorized conversation of extremes. Ex: Paul Cornick. Was he perfect? NO. Was he terrible? NO. Even Manning said he settled in and did a nice job. Good enough for me. It doesn't have to be....he is a hall of fame tackle. Or...he is the worst ever. My goodness. This is a fun time to be a fan and I wish the board would grab a chocolate milk and enjoy it. 31 straight and counting boys.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

I've been very impressed with the play of both corners. That said, it's a team game. KE and the rest of the defense has something to do with their ability to cover. It's amazing how much better your dbacks can cover when there is pressure on the opposing QB. If out front 7 wasn't getting pressure, a lot of fans would probably be howling about all the completions the opposition was getting. I do like how Smith has quit all the "after the play" celebrating that he did last season. He seems to be much more level now.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Two very solid corners with the potential to be very special. In addition, I really like Dempsey, too. He has shown good solid play when he's been in on the nickel and on the field in any capacity. It seems just logical sense that you get better when someone behind you is pushing you to be your best. Dempsey deserves some credit here also, IMO. "Like iron sharpens iron!"

Actually Burgandy I said nothing outlandish POST #5 did it, why don't you get on HIM for that. not me!

CJ & Champion will get their INT's this weekend, that's why I started this thread, not to be "baited" by "haters"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    good point. can the bashers take the convo to the MWILL thread. here. > http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...70-MWill/page3

thanks for ruining another thread with your hate
    Yes a thread where a gopherfan is calling out 2 ndsu defensive starters and challenging them to do better. Please guys show some respect for the disrespectful undertone of this thread.

Go on lakes. Please continue to explain why these players are underachieving some more
    Last edited by SamsRams; 10-21-2014 at 10:13 PM.

He is such a Minnesota homer, I don't know why he doesn't just get Gopher season tix and bother their fan base and university officials.

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

I'm a huge fan of our corners. I strongly believe CJ will get a shot on Sundays...and before it's all said and done, Champion might as well. Best CB tandem we've had in awhile? They don't change games, yet, but that is both a positive and negative connotation. They are largely "quiet", and frankly, that's what I want from my CBs on the back end of a front 7 like we have currently. You might not hear Revis' name all game, but you know he's out there giving it his all. It's preposterous to claim CJ is Revis, but the kid just flat out comes to play.

Also, is it just me, or does he look long for his size?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

He's long. And his ability to go up and break up that pass play last weekend was just awesome. He's ALWAYS blanketing his receiver. Great skills.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

It's the power of the Tampa 2. Love this defense.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The fact that they don't make headlines is both good and bad.... good because they don't give up much; bad because they don't have the gaudy interceptions of players past. But I can definitely live with their current level of play! THUMBS UP to Smith & Champion!