Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Tailgating and travel thread

Default Re: USD Tailgating and travel thread

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Nothing significant has ever happened at NDSU's tailgate and there is nothing to warrant the excessive control tactics and presence of security in large numbers. Just a bunch of nazis on power trips.

Nothing significant has happened the other way either, only have heard of complaints about them being pushy about wrapping up tailgating. Along with rainforest incidents... If they were truly being overzealous nazis wouldn't be hard to get a tailgate spot??

Do your thing within the rules laid out and keep your profile down don't raise Cain... Everything else will fall into place. Not sure why it matters if they have 1 cop or 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post

Do your thing within the rules laid out and keep your profile down don't raise Cain...
    Unfortunately, not everyone is Abel to control themselves...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    Unfortunately, not everyone is Abel to control themselves...
    I suppose that the referenced security personnel aught consider Caining those they consider out of line.
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Nothing significant has happened the other way either, only have heard of complaints about them being pushy about wrapping up tailgating. Along with rainforest incidents... If they were truly being overzealous nazis wouldn't be hard to get a tailgate spot??

Do your thing within the rules laid out and keep your profile down don't raise Cain... Everything else will fall into place. Not sure why it matters if they have 1 cop or 1000.
    First of all it is overkill and a waste of money and there is no need for that much security. With so many of them it encourages some to abuse their authority. Maybe you love a policing atmosphere but I don't. Everybody here will agree Fargo has way more security than anywhere else they have tailgated.

First of all it is overkill and a waste of money and there is no need for that much security. With so many of them it encourages some to abuse their authority. Maybe you love a policing atmosphere but I don't. Everybody here will agree Fargo has way more security than anywhere else they have tailgated.
    My biggest peeve is the undercover ones. There just is not a need for that IMO.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

So you're one of those people that feels like "if I have nothing to hide, why does it matter if they listen to my phone calls" people? Please don't vote in the upcoming elections. You are doing the rest of us that like living in a free country a disservice.

If anyone has experience with the "force" in the lots, it's my group. Trust me, it's not good. I don't want to blame the front end of things because they are just doing what they are told.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    My biggest peeve is the undercover ones. There just is not a need for that IMO.
    This is actually what I was alluding to in my post. They have gone to pretty far lengths to try to get us kicked out. Undercover underage students, undercover cops, asking people that get minors if they have been to our bus SPECIFICALLY(let me give you a hint, not a single one has been from our bus), punishing us for stuff not at NDSU, etc. But yet, the pressure for us still exists. Take a look around the west lot the next Saturday, the FC isn't even the biggest party anymore. I know we were loosey goosey with it to begin with, but how many incidents were from us?

The culture in the west lot has changed...rules or not...be glad the target will never be on your backs.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Security that I've seen patrolling the lots at other recent remote tailgates:

None I have ever seen at SDSU X 2 (like the port a johns)
    None at K St
    None at Iowa St
    None at MN
    None in Frisco X 3

Hmmm, why is Fargo an outlier, and just that much worse? Why are the same fans okay without security on the road, but we need so much at home?

I completely get if this is what it takes to have tailgating, we need to put up with it, but has anyone really rationally looked at this?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Security that I've seen patrolling the lots at other recent remote tailgates:

None I have ever seen at SDSU X 2 (like the port a johns)
    None at K St
    None at Iowa St
    None at MN
    None in Frisco X 3

Hmmm, why is Fargo an outlier, and just that much worse? Why are the same fans okay without security on the road, but we need so much at home?

I completely get if this is what it takes to have tailgating, we need to put up with it, but has anyone really rationally looked at this?
    It's because the city doesn't really want tailgating and they begrudgingly allowed it with a ton of restrictions.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    USD has relocated the Bison tailgate location to a larger grass lot closer to the Dakota Dome. Please see the updated map and directions below.
    PARKING/TAILGATING INFORMATION
    10 a.m. ~ Tailgate lots open. Space available on a first-come, first-serve basis (approx. 1,000 spaces).

• Complimentary parking negotiated by the NDSU Development Foundation and Alumni Association
    • Lots close one hour after the game.
    • No overnight parking allowed.
    • No glass bottles, kegs or open fire pits.
    • No underage drinking--USD police will be patrolling the area and enforcing State of SD rules.

Take I-29 South to Exit 29, which is Highway 50, and head west. Upon entering Vermillion, veer right on the Highway 50 bypass, which will have a sign pointing toward the Dakota Dome. Before reaching the Dome, turn left onto Plum Street. The entrance to the tailgate area will be off Plum Street.
    : Facebook.com/ndsu.fargo
    : @NDSU
    : NDSU Alumni group
    : NDSUBookstore.com
    Thx...couldnt it from my phone and there was no link.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    So you're one of those people that feels like "if I have nothing to hide, why does it matter if they listen to my phone calls" people? Please don't vote in the upcoming elections. You are doing the rest of us that like living in a free country a disservice.

If anyone has experience with the "force" in the lots, it's my group. Trust me, it's not good. I don't want to blame the front end of things because they are just doing what they are told.

This is actually what I was alluding to in my post. They have gone to pretty far lengths to try to get us kicked out. Undercover underage students, undercover cops, asking people that get minors if they have been to our bus SPECIFICALLY(let me give you a hint, not a single one has been from our bus), punishing us for stuff not at NDSU, etc. But yet, the pressure for us still exists. Take a look around the west lot the next Saturday, the FC isn't even the biggest party anymore. I know we were loosey goosey with it to begin with, but how many incidents were from us?

The culture in the west lot has changed...rules or not...be glad the target will never be on your backs.
    at least nobodys been shot yet.