Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Tailgating and travel thread

Default Re: USD Tailgating and travel thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    It's because the city doesn't really want tailgating and they begrudgingly allowed it with a ton of restrictions.
    I'm not sure that the issues were entirely Fargo's.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

is ANYONE staying in vermillion Friday night?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I'm not sure that the issues were entirely Fargo's.

This is correct.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

So, considering nobody has gotten shot yet, and Lake's is much tamer, I would hope the crazy security stuff could be looked at again. The undercover stuff is so over the top, any rational person can see how silly this is.

I was the "Ring Leader" of the rainforest apparently.. haha.

is ANYONE going to VERMILLION Friday night?

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I was the "Ring Leader" of the rainforest apparently.. haha.

is ANYONE going to VERMILLION Friday night?
    I'm still hearing crickets chirping after you asked the first time.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

yea, apparently! Vermillion is ONLY 10,000 population? this is gonna be like partying in Fergus Falls.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    So you're one of those people that feels like "if I have nothing to hide, why does it matter if they listen to my phone calls" people? Please don't vote in the upcoming elections. You are doing the rest of us that like living in a free country a disservice.

If anyone has experience with the "force" in the lots, it's my group. Trust me, it's not good. I don't want to blame the front end of things because they are just doing what they are told.

This is actually what I was alluding to in my post. They have gone to pretty far lengths to try to get us kicked out. Undercover underage students, undercover cops, asking people that get minors if they have been to our bus SPECIFICALLY(let me give you a hint, not a single one has been from our bus), punishing us for stuff not at NDSU, etc. But yet, the pressure for us still exists. Take a look around the west lot the next Saturday, the FC isn't even the biggest party anymore. I know we were loosey goosey with it to begin with, but how many incidents were from us?

The culture in the west lot has changed...rules or not...be glad the target will never be on your backs.
    Do I like it? No probably not. I get that FC has been the "target" maybe wrongfully so, I really don't know you guys other than here and can't say that any of you are bunch of guns ablazin wild wild west type people (except maybe lakes! but now he's married maybe there is hope??)

Anyways my point is about a lot of things here people complain and gripe about something but then do nothing to change it? From all accounts from what I've heard we're or maybe I should say you're lucky to have alcohol in the west lot. It's just weird that some of you think the rules are draconian, they've been this way from the beginning. I get it overbearing yes agreed. I don't drink so maybe that's part of my ability to look past it, plus I don't tailgate other than to walk through every once in awhile to see if I run into anyone I know on a face to face basis.

Not looking to get into a debate on whether it's too much. But I've never seen them hauling people off in droves endzoneqb (see what I did there?? ) like. Minors shouldn't be drinking its against the law whether you like it or not.

Might be a bad analogy but I speed to work every day, full well knowing a cop could pull me over. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it but I am speeding.

Society is getting to use to rules being bent and maybe the anti alcohol crowd thinks this is happening and they have the "records" (arrests/citations?) to prove it. Stop bending the rules and maybe they will let up? Until then keep your head down...

Just for the record I don't like that they can "intercept" my calls etc. I'd rather change it though than complain about it. I just don't have the means/connections/time to.

I have changed my views a bit of late, based on some recent, personal events. I believe it's time for a change in the TM leadership department. We need new blood.

Yes, I said it, even though I know I am gonna feel the repercussions (not necessarily here). It's just time IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    its a total joke the amount of police/security presence at NDSU tailgate.

at SDSU last year, the cruiser bus and the entire lot next to us had ZERO 0 zilch security go through, I saw Rob Sobolik and I just had to laugh.

Iowa State we had 2 guys on bikes cruise thru once (CAS was out of control)

Kansas State NOT 1 police/security up there on the hill not 1

NDSU needs to knock off the beer in a plastic cup bullshit too
    At k state there was some police on the hill... They didn't card me or anyone else not that it would have mattered. Even stayed and ate some food with us.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo