Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: USD Tailgating and travel thread

Default Re: USD Tailgating and travel thread

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Is it possible that those who live in SD are smarter than those who live in ND?
    However highly unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Is it possible that those who live in SD are smarter than those who live in ND?
    When you only have a couple of dozen tailgaters there isn't much of a need for crowd control.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

its a total joke the amount of police/security presence at NDSU tailgate.

at SDSU last year, the cruiser bus and the entire lot next to us had ZERO 0 zilch security go through, I saw Rob Sobolik and I just had to laugh.

Iowa State we had 2 guys on bikes cruise thru once (CAS was out of control)

Kansas State NOT 1 police/security up there on the hill not 1

NDSU needs to knock off the beer in a plastic cup bullshit too
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Wait, what? Can you explain to me how this culture of freedom and accountability works? You mean to tell me, they let you have free run and all hell hasn't broken loose yet? I call BS. Everyone knows, if you let people drink out of cans/bottles, show their labels, and indulge in a drinking game that you are going to die and so are 25 of your closest friends. Right?
    There are "written rules" about drinking out of a bottle, hard liquor, etc. I have never seen them enforced. I drink out of glass bottles all the time. I drink out of a huge glass beer stein. We pass around liquor bottles, bottles of moonshine, etc. sitting on the table out in the open all the time. There are drinking games, especially at the student tailgate, all the time. Beer pong, flippy cup, jello shot races, you name it.

Only one time a couple of years ago did a campus cop come by during the 3rd quarter and tell us we weren't supposed out be out there drinking, not until after the game. I told him we were playing XYZ and we're up by 40, the game was over. He didn't harass us just reminded us that those were the rules. We promised to be good and he left us alone. There were parties all around us as many people had left the game at half to tailgate and were watching other major college games and following USD on the radio instead because it was a blowout.

We haven't had a riot or anything like that yet. I think you guys will be ok in Vermillion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    There are "written rules" about drinking out of a bottle, hard liquor, etc. I have never seen them enforced. I drink out of glass bottles all the time. I drink out of a huge glass beer stein. We pass around liquor bottles, bottles of moonshine, etc. sitting on the table out in the open all the time. There are drinking games, especially at the student tailgate, all the time. Beer pong, flippy cup, jello shot races, you name it.

Only one time a couple of years ago did a campus cop come by during the 3rd quarter and tell us we weren't supposed out be out there drinking, not until after the game. I told him we were playing XYZ and we're up by 40, the game was over. He didn't harass us just reminded us that those were the rules. We promised to be good and he left us alone. There were parties all around us as many people had left the game at half to tailgate and were watching other major college games and following USD on the radio instead because it was a blowout.

We haven't had a riot or anything like that yet. I think you guys will be ok in Vermillion.
    That type of behavior in Fargo would have led to a full body cavity search......

In my experience a few, screw it up for the many. Perhaps something has happened in the past?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Looks like they changed the NDSU tailgating area. Check your emails for something from the alumni Assoc.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Looks like they changed the NDSU tailgating area. Check your emails for something from the alumni Assoc.
    USD has relocated the Bison tailgate location to a larger grass lot closer to the Dakota Dome. Please see the updated map and directions below.
    PARKING/TAILGATING INFORMATION
    10 a.m. ~ Tailgate lots open. Space available on a first-come, first-serve basis (approx. 1,000 spaces).

• Complimentary parking negotiated by the NDSU Development Foundation and Alumni Association
    • Lots close one hour after the game.
    • No overnight parking allowed.
    • No glass bottles, kegs or open fire pits.
    • No underage drinking--USD police will be patrolling the area and enforcing State of SD rules.

Take I-29 South to Exit 29, which is Highway 50, and head west. Upon entering Vermillion, veer right on the Highway 50 bypass, which will have a sign pointing toward the Dakota Dome. Before reaching the Dome, turn left onto Plum Street. The entrance to the tailgate area will be off Plum Street.
    : Facebook.com/ndsu.fargo
    : @NDSU
    : NDSU Alumni group
    : NDSUBookstore.com
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    In my experience a few, screw it up for the many. Perhaps something has happened in the past?
    Nothing significant has ever happened at NDSU's tailgate and there is nothing to warrant the excessive control tactics and presence of security in large numbers. Just a bunch of nazis on power trips.

The Bison ticket office has a limited number of tickets available for the football game against USD this Saturday.
    Price is $30 each. Call the ticket office at 701-231-NDSU.

Helena Johnston
    Athletic Program Assistant
    NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.