Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Names on jersey's

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Names on jersey's

No way! No names on jerseys, no jersey #'s retired....EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by sambini View Post
    Never been done that I rememember. Name on the Front is what counts.
    ++++++++++

Hey, when we're all wearing augmented reality glasses, we'll be able to see the player's name, stats, and biography if we want.

I sense a trend here.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

No on names. Bad idea

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I take blame for this thread. Yesterday after reading some very questionable posts I thought---At least some @#^&&*())_ hasnt started a thread about the names on the back of jerseys lately----then today---bingo.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I guess the answer is unanimous! I guess that is what programs at the games are for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    No way! No names on jerseys, no jersey #'s retired....EVER!
    Except one...

Page 109 of this publication if anyone doesn't know the story by now.

http://admin.xosn.com/pdf5/80945.pdf
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I take blame for this thread. Yesterday after reading some very questionable posts I thought---At least some @#^&&*())_ hasnt started a thread about the names on the back of jerseys lately----then today---bingo.
    I hadn't read other threads when I asked this, just was inquiring. Only a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by ACECON View Post
    I hadn't read other threads when I asked this, just was inquiring. Only a coincidence.
    Only happens 8-10 times a year. Youre still good.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."