Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gophers 2014 season

Default Re: Gophers 2014 season

I see maybe one more win against Illinois. Purdue sucks and they shredded the Goof defense. The West is terrible. The fact that the Goofs are in the running shows how awful the Big14 is.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Weird. If this were people talking about NDSU in this way, everyone would be PISSED. "You can only beat the teams that are put in front of you"..etc. Think about it. The Gophers have only lost 1 game so far...regardless of who they are playing, they are bowl eligible by beating conference and non conference opponents. As it turns out, you have to do that to make any progress. We'll let Kill know that his victories don't count and he should have to play 6 ADDITIONAL games of your choosing. Deal? They lost to TCU who quite possibly is a legit top-10 team...not going to bitch about it at all...that loss looks better and better every day.

Up until the the last two weeks, what were the records of the teams we beat? See my point?
    Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch by questioning how far along the gophers are on an NDSU message board. So yeah, some people around here would be pissed, but I very more people would be upset about not soundly beating teams that they are favored to beat at home. In FBS "style-points" matter. If UM looked better on the field they would probably be in the top 25, but right now their defense looks alright and their running game isn't bad but they are very one dimensional. I think jerry kill is a good coach but it's his fourth year and I think it is going to take the rest of the year to see what kind of team they really are.

Jerry has done a great job at MN, Brew left him with a disaster.

I am interested in seeing how they fair with some of these teams. I hope Jerry can reverse the Mase-Brewster trend of years past and finish strong.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    To give Jerry Kill credit, he is building a foundation of a strong defense and solid running game... Sounds familiar.
    I don't follow this closely, but they did give up 300+ yards to Purdue in the 1st half.

Im preparing for a letdown after the Illini game. but Illinois is garbage, but they are only +6 at home vs gophers. weird.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Im preparing for a letdown after the Illini game. but Illinois is garbage, but they are only +6 at home vs gophers. weird.
    So you are saying you are really a Gophers fan.

A lot of people are NDSU & Gopher's fans, why not?
    50% of NDSU are Minnesotan's ya know.... plus with Gophers refusing to schedule NDSU in football or basketball it makes it easier to be a fan of both. (plus a little gopher hockey)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    A lot of people are NDSU & Gopher's fans, why not?
    50% of NDSU are Minnesotan's ya know.... plus with Gophers refusing to schedule NDSU in football or basketball it makes it easier to be a fan of both. (plus a little gopher hockey)
    Why?

I cheer for NDSU, and NDSU alone.

Its like all the Vikings fans that have a 'backup' team for December...you know the month when the vikes are irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    Why?

I cheer for NDSU, and NDSU alone.

Its like all the Vikings fans that have a 'backup' team for December...you know the month when the vikes are irrelevant.
    Maybe because ndsu and um don't play at the same level of football...
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Maybe because ndsu and um don't play at the same level of football...
    Go back to your living room to watch Notre Dame.