Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Gophers 2014 season

Default Re: Gophers 2014 season

Jan 1 bowl. 10-7 with Missouri. A great season
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Gophers blew a big opportunity to step forward tonight. Im still of the mind they need to prove that this year was no fluke in a down year for the big ten, and today only reinforces that. They should have won that game. Turnovers and special teams killed them today. How many fakes should they run till you figure it out? IM sure us in the cities will hear moral victory talk all week, but seriously...this bowl was meaningless...the winner got...nothing. So why be so conservative? Why let clock run before the half while Mizz gets creative and runs all these fakes. Gophs blew an opportunity today. Flame away
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

No flame here......
    I agree, the Gophers had lost the mo on their botched handoff on the (real or fake) jetsweep when they were driving. If I had quit watching the game right before that play, I would have guessed Minny's lead at the half to be anywhere from 7 to 17.
    IMHO Coach Kill played not to lose on that last possession of the half. TE Maxx Williams makes a great play to get a 1st down, and I'm guessing here without looking it all up, but they had 2 to's, ball on about their own 40, and about 38 seconds left. Show some confidence in your team, especially the way the Goph's D had been playing, and try and get a FG attempt for your huge kicker. So Coach Kill is asked about it by the sideline reporter, and he did not want to make a mistake going into half, with the
    Gophers set to receive the 2nd half kickoff. What a call by Missouri's Coach.....

And StarTribune reporting that Maxx Williams is officially entering the Tiger-Hurdle Olympics.....oops,
    I mean the NFL Draft.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    and he did not want to make a mistake going into half, with the
    Gophers set to receive the 2nd half kickoff.
    Like Barreiro said....so why not run the ball all 3 downs. Why pass? Makes no sense.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    No flame here......
    I agree, the Gophers had lost the mo on their botched handoff on the (real or fake) jetsweep when they were driving. If I had quit watching the game right before that play, I would have guessed Minny's lead at the half to be anywhere from 7 to 17.
    IMHO Coach Kill played not to lose on that last possession of the half. TE Maxx Williams makes a great play to get a 1st down, and I'm guessing here without looking it all up, but they had 2 to's, ball on about their own 40, and about 38 seconds left. Show some confidence in your team, especially the way the Goph's D had been playing, and try and get a FG attempt for your huge kicker. So Coach Kill is asked about it by the sideline reporter, and he did not want to make a mistake going into half, with the Gophers set to receive the 2nd half kickoff. What a call by Missouri's Coach.....
    in all seriousness WTF does this mean?
    If they weren't getting the ball does that mean they would be more apt to make a mistake?

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Didn't want to start another Gopher thread.

I said this to a couple friends semi-jokingly, but if the Gophers hired Sabin could he turn it around or would they still be a dumpster fire in 5 years? Looking back I'm trying to think of who was the best coach they've had in my lifetime....

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post

I said this to a couple friends semi-jokingly, but if the Gophers hired Sabin could he turn it around or would they still be a dumpster fire in 5 years? Looking back I'm trying to think of who was the best coach they've had in my lifetime....
    Probably mason. Had a winning record and had a couple decent years. That's not saying much though.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post

As a recovering gopher season ticket holder....

I've said it before I'll say it again....the only way gopher football changes in today's landscape is if they have an urban Meyer type hire as coach. Or the baby Jesus of college football players is born to maroon and gold bleeding parents. They keep thinking theyre gonna discover the next Alvarez cuz Wisconsin did it.

The losing culture is so ingrained. I remember getting yelled at by the blue hairs to sit down on a defensive 3rd down.

You guys that ALWAYS post about the Gophers are why they feel like we have little man syndrome. Fuck, it is so fucking annoying when threads turn into Gopher basing bullshit. Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Act like you've been there before. It is the dumbest fucking bullshit ever, just shut up about it and let NDSUs progress speak for itself. I usually don't care, but the dumb shit that's been posted in the GameDay to Pullman thread is the lamest shit I've ever heard. NDSU has arrived.

Fucking act like it.

Before you get too fucking high from Nebraska's win, we lost to fucking Indiana State and South Dakota AT HOME during the run. JFC. Thank you for perpetuating the little man syndrome and why I want to stop reading and posting here. You might as well be Bob Fargason on FCS Fan nation.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    You guys that ALWAYS post about the Gophers are why they feel like we have little man syndrome. Fuck, it is so fucking annoying when threads turn into Gopher basing bullshit. Shut. The. Fuck. Up. Act like you've been there before. It is the dumbest fucking bullshit ever, just shut up about it and let NDSUs progress speak for itself. I usually don't care, but the dumb shit that's been posted in the GameDay to Pullman thread is the lamest shit I've ever heard. NDSU has arrived.

Fucking act like it.

Before you get too fucking high from Nebraska's win, we lost to fucking Indiana State and South Dakota AT HOME during the run. JFC. Thank you for perpetuating the little man syndrome and why I want to stop reading and posting here. You might as well be Bob Fargason on FCS Fan nation.
    NDSU wasn't 0 fer in their conference when they lost to the trees, just sayin'.