Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Gophers 2014 season

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Gophers 2014 season

Years ago, someone posted a video on here of Fleck teaching the Western Michigan fanbase how to row the boat. I thought it was hilarious and crazy and couldn't believe a head coach was taking it upon himself to create a new dance for home fans. But then...they got really good. So he can't be that bad of a coach, right? I mean, clearly he was doing some things correctly because a directional Michigan school doesn't just land randomly in a New Year's bowl game.

Does it just not translate to a conference that has the Ohio State, Wisconsin and Penn State? What is going wrong in Minnesota?

One other thing. I hate the Gopher's OOC schedule. It is so weak. I liked Kill as a Coach, but remember when he made them change the games against North Carolina to be against New Mexico State or something? I was like, "Come on, man..." Their OOC does absolutely nothing to prepare them for B1G Ten play. They will start every season 3-0, sell hope to their fanbase, and then win 1 or 2 conference games.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Years ago, someone posted a video on here of Fleck teaching the Western Michigan fanbase how to row the boat. I thought it was hilarious and crazy and couldn't believe a head coach was taking it upon himself to create a new dance for home fans. But then...they got really good. So he can't be that bad of a coach, right? I mean, clearly he was doing some things correctly because a directional Michigan school doesn't just land randomly in a New Year's bowl game.

Does it just not translate to a conference that has the Ohio State, Wisconsin and Penn State? What is going wrong in Minnesota?

One other thing. I hate the Gopher's OOC schedule. It is so weak. I liked Kill as a Coach, but remember when he made them change the games against North Carolina to be against New Mexico State or something? I was like, "Come on, man..." Their OOC does absolutely nothing to prepare them for B1G Ten play. They will start every season 3-0, sell hope to their fanbase, and then win 1 or 2 conference games.
    Good points, but you've got to remember with those 3 cupcakes they only need to win 3 more games to be bowl eligible. And with teams like Northwestern, Indiana, Perdue, Rutgers, Illinois and Maryland in the B1G there's a better than decent chance to find those wins.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    If the gophers had a legitimately solid coach and staff (like a Klieman and his staff), they would be light years ahead of where they currently are. They seem to chase the shinyest objects rather than a solid coach.
    Well we are talking about the school that hired Brewster over Patterson.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I will predict this:

Gophers will go 8-3 next year.

will have Sconi, Ohio St, Michigan at home... and will beat 1 of them.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

"Anyone. Anywhere." That used to be their slogan. Played USC twice.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Well we are talking about the school that hired Brewster over Patterson.
    And presumably Fleck over Miles. Though there's a good chance Les didn't return any phone calls after he visited and saw what a dumpster fire the program was.

I can understand scheduling easy OOC games when a coach is trying to get traction for the program. You need wins somewhere. But yeah, Fleck is getting embarrassed in the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    And presumably Fleck over Miles. Though there's a good chance Les didn't return any phone calls after he visited and saw what a dumpster fire the program was.
    I looked what Miles was doing recently and apparently he's an actor now.

In all reality...behind the scenes...do you think their main priority is to win the big 10? I just dont think so. They just want to get to a bowl game. I dont like that mentality...but thats how they can sell it to their fanbase...Well we made a bowl game!
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    In all reality...behind the scenes...do you think their main priority is to win the big 10? I just dont think so. They just want to get to a bowl game. I dont like that mentality...but thats how they can sell it to their fanbase...Well we made a bowl game!
    To be fair, they are building from nothing. So a first step is to get to bowls consistently and build some excitement around the program. Although it does lead to the yearly emotional rollercoaster ride for fans.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.