Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Gophers 2014 season

Default Re: Gophers 2014 season

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Hardly. The twin cities is a very small market and fan dollars are spread thin with all professional sports in town. Very hard for the college teams to compete for fan interest and more importantly - their dollars.

Isn’t it curious that the last time the football Gophers were relevant in any national conversation was the year the pro team came to town? COULD be coincidence. But i bet not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It is a very small market? It is the 16th largest metro area in the country, plus they have an entire state to themselves.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

This.

Same size as Seattle and Miami.

Washington and the U have had great success during this time.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    It is a very small market? It is the 16th largest metro area in the country, plus they have an entire state to themselves.
    Not so sure about the north west part of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Not so sure about the north west part of the state.
    The NE part was more partial to UMD when I grew up near the range. Now that they have been more successful in hockey and football, my guess that has changed since I left.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Huh, I would have thought having all those Vikings in town would help you know, row the boat.
    That’s a cold-blooded zinger!

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The Gophers biggest issue was the dome, that was an excuse I bought into. It was just not a good a venue for college football. Mase probably would have killed it if he had a facility like TCF.

Now they have a beautiful facility, coaching and administration is their issue. They got unlucky with Kill to an extent but they hire cheese ball coaches like Brew and Fleck...I just don't get it. If Wisconsin and Iowa can be great, there is really no reason why you can't build a winning program in the Twin Cities. Just need to find the right coach.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

That small market thing is an excuse that doesn’t exist anymore at the professional level and gets overused in Minnesota. There have been plenty of small market teams contending and winning Championships in the four major sports for quite awhile now.

Hail the BISON!!!

The Gophers biggest issue was the dome, that was an excuse I bought into. It was just not a good a venue for college football. Mase probably would have killed it if he had a facility like TCF.

Now they have a beautiful facility, coaching and administration is their issue. They got unlucky with Kill to an extent but they hire cheese ball coaches like Brew and Fleck...I just don't get it. If Wisconsin and Iowa can be great, there is really no reason why you can't build a winning program in the Twin Cities. Just need to find the right coach.
    If they had put all the money they've wasted trying to find the next Alvarez into hiring a proper coach...well....
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just imagine if they had hired Bohl. With the facilities that they have, and Bohl would have been able to keep recruiting the same footprint. But their pride/ego got in the way. THE University of Minnesota is WAY above hiring an FCS coach. At this point it's funny watching that athletic department trip over their own dicks in football and basketball. Hell even hockey, where they basically refuse to recruit outside of the twin cities. Their view of what they are is so far outside of what they are.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Freshman QB and an amazing recruiting class last year = Minnesota Success next year.

Its year 1 of the PJ Fleck (last year was year 0)

I thought the defense would be better, but ive been happy with the offense.

Im getting ready for my annual gophers/badgers game in camp randall where more people comment on my NDSU hat than my Gopher Jacket.. lol
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?