Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gophers 2014 season

Default Gophers 2014 season

Ok after squeezing by Purdue 39-38 where does the gopher "brick by brick" season stand ?

6-1.

Illinois
    Iowa

Are next

Will they collapse at the end like every other season with
    OSU
    NEB
    WISC??
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: Gophers 2014 season

8-4 with losses at home against Ohio State and on the road against Wisconsin and Nebraska. Not too shabby.

The only half decent team they have played this year blew them out. We would still beat them this year. The BIG is worse than even the experts think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    8-4 with losses at home against Ohio State and on the road against Wisconsin and Nebraska. Not too shabby.
    Im guessing this will happen, just like every time they get excited.
    Ill be at the Gophers/Badgers game and just once i'd like to leave with my NDSU Hat/Gophers jersey and not feel utterly embarassed.

To give Jerry Kill credit, he is building a foundation of a strong defense and solid running game... Sounds familiar.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    The only half decent team they have played this year blew them out. We would still beat them this year. The BIG is worse than even the experts think they are.
    You mean the only good team.... TCU is very good.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The goophs have one win against a team with a winning record, middle Tennessee state. You got mark Rosen on the fan saying they are getting better year by year, taking it one step at a time. Maybe they are but how would you know, they haven't played anyone and the one team they have played worth a damn whooped them.

It would be cool to see them finish strong for once. I wonder when the last time they have won all 3 trophy games in one season ( Little Brown Jug, Floyd of Rosedale, and Paul Bunyan's Axe). Anyone know if/when this last happened? Don't recall it happening in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Flow 2-3-4-5 View Post
    It would be cool to see them finish strong for once. I wonder when the last time they have won all 3 trophy games in one season ( Little Brown Jug, Floyd of Rosedale, and Paul Bunyan's Axe). Anyone know if/when this last happened? Don't recall it happening in my lifetime.
    IT HAPPENED IN 1967

http://ericthrall.com/gophers/football/1967/

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    The goophs have one win against a team with a winning record, middle Tennessee state. You got mark Rosen on the fan saying they are getting better year by year, taking it one step at a time. Maybe they are but how would you know, they haven't played anyone and the one team they have played worth a damn whooped them.
    Weird. If this were people talking about NDSU in this way, everyone would be PISSED. "You can only beat the teams that are put in front of you"..etc. Think about it. The Gophers have only lost 1 game so far...regardless of who they are playing, they are bowl eligible by beating conference and non conference opponents. As it turns out, you have to do that to make any progress. We'll let Kill know that his victories don't count and he should have to play 6 ADDITIONAL games of your choosing. Deal? They lost to TCU who quite possibly is a legit top-10 team...not going to bitch about it at all...that loss looks better and better every day.

Up until the the last two weeks, what were the records of the teams we beat? See my point?
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.