Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to NDSU Deng Geu!

Default Re: Welcome to NDSU Deng Geu!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Great, thought it was a verbal deal. This kid sure sounds like the real deal....

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Great, thought it was a verbal deal. This kid sure sounds like the real deal....
    Ya basketball gets a little confusing with the early and late signing periods and keeping everything sorted out.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    In case you did not read the Argus this AM:

http://argusne.ws/1AE5hh0

My goodness, we may have hit this one out of the park; and with his Fargo connection, I hope he will stay if the B1G or B12 come calling.
    He's signed, he'll be close to home, I'm optimistic he'll stay committed to us. I can't wait to open the SHAC in 2 years after this kid's redshirt year and see him dominate the Summit. It should be the Paul Miller show by then but what a combo they could turn out to be. The awesome part is Dylan Miller also looks like he'll be a stud for us at the 5 spot, these guys could be the 4, 5 combo that NDSU has never had that I can remember. We've always been more of a 1 big team, would give us a HUGE advantage in our league.

Prep Hoops Dakotas‏@PrepHoopsDakota

The future Bison big @DengGeu just ran the break, dropped a left handed dime off going full speed. Has dominated inside with 22 points

Prep Hoops Dakotas‏@PrepHoopsDakota
    Deng Geu (@DengGeu) is a steal for NDSU, straight steal, @RyanJamesMN has said it now for about 9 months.
    Mike Miller Classic at the Cornpalace in Mitchell - Deng Geu with 22 points against
    Evangelical Christian (Tennessee), has a couple nice highlights in the tv sports highlights

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...8#video_player

Sioux Falls Washington leads Minneapolis DeLasalle by 1 at halftime, but falls 77-63.
    Deng Geu with 13 points, Carter Keller with 21. DeLasalle was led by 6' 4" Div I recruit Sacar Anin
    (Northern Iowa offer, also Indiana State, SDSU, South Dakota and others) with 33 points,
    Minnesota signee PG Jarvis Johnson with 17 and UN_ recruit Joshua Collins (6' 5") with 16.
    This was at the Mike Miller Classic at the Corn Palace in Mitchell, SD.
    I got to watch a 6' 8" PG, yes 6' 8" PG, run the show one game at the Corn Palace long ago.
    Very entertaining to see, and fun place for basketball. Yes, it was that Mike Miller (the NBA's).
    Sioux Falls Roosevelt (?) was the competition, and they did have a 6' 6" player they could put on Miller.
    But I digress, SF Washington got to play a very tough DeLasalle squad who also have some size (three 6' 5"s).
    Good experience for Deng Geu.

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...8#video_player

So jacked about Deng being a Bison. Such a good get for us.

A great feature on Deng Geu by MidcoSN (has a lot of good highlights)...this guy is a big-time get. Story also says that the coaches have already told Geu that he will redshirt next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XdK...ature=youtu.be

From what I have heard it is Geu who has said he wants to redshirt and coaches are fine with that. I have heard Freddy say that the coaches leave it up to the kids, they will tell them how many minutes they are looking at and their role and leave it up to the kids. It sounds like Geu has a 5 year plan and I can't wait to watch him execute it!!!!!!!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    A great feature on Deng Geu by MidcoSN (has a lot of good highlights)...this guy is a big-time get. Story also says that the coaches have already told Geu that he will redshirt next season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XdK...ature=youtu.be
    This almost gives me chills I'm so excited to have him joining our team. To me I see him being a taller and thicker Trayvonn, he might not quite have the outside game but he should be a great shot blocker and a guy that plays above the rim. I see a lot of Kabellis to Geu alley-oops in the future of Bison Basketball

Doesnt he or his family have ties to Fargo already?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant