Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to NDSU Deng Geu!

Default Re: Welcome to NDSU Deng Geu!

Great to get a kid like this. Develop him into a solid post player along with other players/recruits and we will be dancing again, again, again and again. Go Bison the March is On.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Agree 100% Bison08. This kid is incredibly athletic and "bouncy." I've seen a lot of him and truly believe he is the second coming of Trayvon. Might take a few years, but most people tell me that his shot is ahead of Tray's when he came to NDSU. Deng needs to put on about 15 lbs and develop/maintain an aggressive mindset of getting to the rim. He'll be a fun one to watch for sure! I don't think he projects as a 5 in college.
    Well that would be even better especially since he is 2" taller than Tray and he still has a full year of high school left. If we can play him at the 4 and Eliason at the 5 spot plus having a pair of 6'7" guys in Trey Miller (G/F) and Wesenburg (F) being in the mix at the 2 and 3 spots we'll be back to looking like the team we just went dancing with. If Richman stays with the pack line style defense having that kind of length will make it very difficult for teams to score on us. Like I said, the future gets brighter every day!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Well that would be even better especially since he is 2" taller than Tray and he still has a full year of high school left. If we can play him at the 4 and Eliason at the 5 spot plus having a pair of 6'7" guys in Trey Miller (G/F) and Wesenburg (F) being in the mix at the 2 and 3 spots we'll be back to looking like the team we just went dancing with. If Richman stays with the pack line style defense having that kind of length will make it very difficult for teams to score on us. Like I said, the future gets brighter every day!
    I don't think Wesenberg is a 3, he'll be a legit 4 for NDSU. Would be nice to see him redshirt, but he might be too talented....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Dutchman View Post
    I don't think Wesenberg is a 3, he'll be a legit 4 for NDSU. Would be nice to see him redshirt, but he might be too talented....
    Yea Wesenberg is a legitimate big and will play inside.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Then I don't think he will redshirt, we need the depth this year so if he has the talent I expect him to see his fair share of playing time.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any BIGS that you can successfully recruit is a PLUS! Also, if you can land bigs with lots of potential and develop them you are way ahead in our conference.
    I am excited to see the recent additions to the 4's and 5's with our '14 and '15 Recruiting Classes!
    GO BISON!

Deng is probably much more raw than Dan Jech but he will also have the luxury of being able to redshirt. i wonder if this was a case of whoever committed first between Deng and Jech would get that scholarship?

I've mentioned before Deng was close to coming back to Fargo to play at Shanley. I heard while back it was between NDSU and SDSU and depending on if he came to Shanley it would be NDSU, if he stayed in Sioux Falls it was SDSU. He wanted his family to be close to wherever he went to school.

Glad we got him instead of SDSU. I've heard some really good things bout him, especially his athleticism. He is also a great shot blocker and loves to throw it down.
    "We All From Africa"

In case you did not read the Argus this AM:

http://argusne.ws/1AE5hh0

My goodness, we may have hit this one out of the park; and with his Fargo connection, I hope he will stay if the B1G or B12 come calling.

He is signed sealed and delivered

http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/...px?path=mbball