Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to NDSU Deng Geu!

Default Re: Welcome to NDSU Deng Geu!

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUFan_Sav View Post
    Yes it was between us and sdsu and honestly thought he was going to sdsu. Its a huge get for NDSU.
    It was us and USD as SDSU went after more guard type player

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    It was us and USD as SDSU went after more guard type player
    Well I know last summer it was between ndsu and sdsu, while USD was on the outside. They were considerering moving back to Fargo for his Sr year and would attend NDSU. If he stayed in Sioux Falls he was more than likely going to SDSU. Thinks may have changed with sdsu and usd and with him staying down there for school I was shocked we got him.
    "We All From Africa"

The midco minute or another show I have seen on midcon multiple times where they talk about him and his recruitment says it was down to us and USD and SDSU had pulled back earlier and was going after guards.

Of course they pulled back .... You or I would say the same thing if didn't get him

I watched some of a rerun last night on midco. Wow this kid can run for a 6'8-9" kid. Athletic upside is huge!
    Its gonna be fun watching him develop.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I watched some of a rerun last night on midco. Wow this kid can run for a 6'8-9" kid. Athletic upside is huge!
    Its gonna be fun watching him develop.
    Deng will play his last game on Midco this Sunday at 3 pm as part of the Sanford Pentagon SD High School Basketball All Star Game. The next time he puts on jersey after Sunday, it will be for the Bison. This is a huge get for NDSU...Richmond and Co. have a great class coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Deng will play his last game on Midco this Sunday at 3 pm as part of the Sanford Pentagon SD High School Basketball All Star Game. The next time he puts on jersey after Sunday, it will be for the Bison. This is a huge get for NDSU...Richmond and Co. have a great class coming in.
    I will have to try watching that or set the DVR. It will be fun to see Deng play against the competition. I am also interested to see the 7+ footer Nate Brown Bull play against some of the best in SD. He is tall but the clips I saw on him it didn't seem like he played above the rim that much for someone of his height. It will be interesting to see if his career goes anywhere 7+ footers don't grow on trees. For all I know he can't play a lick of D, might be interesting game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    What is Richmond and Co? A new clothing store downtown? Its Richman. Think rich man cause that is what he will be. Dude can coach.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Deng Geu named to South Dakota Class AA All-State Team

Geu, a North Dakota State recruit, headlines the six-player first team as the top vote getter. The Gatorade South Dakota Player of the Year stood out for reasons passing his 6-foot-9 frame and highlight-reel dunks. As the Warriors’ centerpiece at both ends of the floor, Geu averaged 17.4 points and 7.8 rebounds a game while shooting 57 percent from the floor and just shy of 80 percent from the foul line.

As a junior, Geu flashed rare talent. As a senior, his skills were on display every game.

“Once it all came together, it was pretty special to see,” said Washington coach Craig Nelson on Geu’s maturation as a player. “He was doing some things that not a lot of players in South Dakota have been able to do in a long, long time.”
    Also on the 1st team is MSU Moorhead recruit Addison Park - SF Lincoln - 6' 8", 19 ppg, 8 rpg, 63% FG %

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/sioux-fa...-allstate-team

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Does he have any highlight tapes?