Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to NDSU Deng Geu!

Default Re: Welcome to NDSU Deng Geu!

There are some amazing prospects coming in or beginnnig to play the next couple years. If Dave can get them to play like this years team...look out.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    There are some amazing prospects coming in or beginnnig to play the next couple years. If Dave can get them to play like this years team...look out.
    THIS^^^ With what this team has accomplished this season despite being shorthanded, lacking size and depth and with low expectations has been nothing short of an amazing job by Richman and his staff. If he can get all this talent coming in to play with the same intensity, passion and selflessness that this current team plays with, boy we are gonna have some fun teams to watch in the future, going to be a lot of fun!

Deng went for 14 points/12 rebounds/3 blocks last night, as SF Washington rolled Brandon Valley 51-35.

Geu's 12 rebounds and three blocks were almost par for the course, an indication of how the North Dakota State recruit's big games seem so effortless. In all, Tuesday night's game looked a lot like what it was — a No. 1-ranked squad asserting itself when the game mattered the most.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...lynx/22451193/

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Deng went for 14 points/12 rebounds/3 blocks last night, as SF Washington rolled Brandon Valley 51-35.

Geu's 12 rebounds and three blocks were almost par for the course, an indication of how the North Dakota State recruit's big games seem so effortless. In all, Tuesday night's game looked a lot like what it was — a No. 1-ranked squad asserting itself when the game mattered the most.

http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...lynx/22451193/
    JD, I know this kid lived in Fargo, but did he have any interest from MN, Iowa, Iowa St, and Nebraska? This kid is clearly big time talent and he is still raw which is kind of scary....

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    JD, I know this kid lived in Fargo, but did he have any interest from MN, Iowa, Iowa St, and Nebraska? This kid is clearly big time talent and he is still raw which is kind of scary....
    In talking to his AAU coach, he had little interest until this summer when he really blew up with the Dakota Schoolers. He played really well against high end competition and high end players. Washington HS's style and pace of play doesn't necessarily showcase his best assets. Playing AAU ball with a more open, run-and-gun style offense, he blossomed. He was starting to get looks from some area P5 schools, but I don't think he had any serious interest outside of the Summit League schools (specifically USD, SDSU and NDSU) and couldn't pass up a scholarship offer. This kid is a true find / diamond in the rough and I'm excited to see what Coach Richmond and his staff can do with him.

Sioux Falls Washington defeats SF Lincoln for the District championship, 20th victory of the year for the #1 ranked team in SD.
    On to the state tourney for the Warriors.

Washington’s Deng Geu, Cole Benson and a fresh Matt Farniok off the bench played their part to neutralize the second-ranked Patriots, who struggled to find a rhythm going 17 of 53 from the field.

Geu led the Warriors with 21 points, anchoring the inside, getting to the foul line and scoring off the second chance.

The North Dakota State recruit added 11 rebounds, three assists, five blocks and two steals in one of his most complete games of the season.

“Every point felt really good,” Geu said. “When we were down, we weathered the storm. It was a big crowd with a lot of energy. It’s fun knowing I’m going to state again.”
    http://usatodayhss.com/2015/no-1-war...-trip-to-state

Deng was in attendance at tonight's Bison game. I'm pumped for this kid!

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Deng was in attendance at tonight's Bison game. I'm pumped for this kid!
    You won't be let down!
    "We All From Africa"

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Are we thinking he'll redshirt next year?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Are we thinking he'll redshirt next year?
    I believe that is the plan, with the influx of bigs coming in probably a decent idea. He could use some more muscle.