Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll be the first to apologize for the student section

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: I'll be the first to apologize for the student section

Quote Originally Posted by Vitojr130 View Post
    It's 100% because a majority of the student population has only experienced 1, MAYBE 2 losses in their careers so far. They don't remember 2009. They don't appreciate what we have.

I have been unable to get a student ticket for the last 3 games (mostly because I work during the hours they are released) and when I saw how empty the section was from my seat at bdubs, I almost cried. At a post-game party, I actually heard a girl (presumably sophomore) say "We win too much. These games are boringggggg."

Being that the third game didn't sell out their student allotment, I don't really believe your excuse of work as a reason...

That being said, the conversation in this thread has moved past that to instead figuring out ways to remedy the problem instead of harping on it.

BigBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Being that the third game didn't sell out their student allotment, I don't really believe your excuse of work as a reason...

That being said, the conversation in this thread has moved past that to instead figuring out ways to remedy the problem instead of harping on it.
    3 Game was homecoming a sellout for the students.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigBison View Post
    3 Game was homecoming a sellout for the students.
    Sorry, I wrote it kind of funky. I meant that when he said the last 3 games, that implies the last of the 3 games (aka the 3rd game I referred to) was this last Saturday vs ISUb. Which is the game I assume he is referencing while mentioning seeing the empty blue seats seen from tv.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Sorry. That's not what I meant by high. 6 sections seating 4,000 would equate to a capacity of nearly 24,000 (aren't there 36 sections?).
    There are 34 sections in the dome. The students have 7 of them. Not all sections have the same number of seats.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    There are 34 sections in the dome. The students have 7 of them. Not all sections have the same number of seats.
    I should know better than to wing it. Thanks.

Word is around 1,000 student tickets still unclaimed for the SDSU game. Time for some changes. By Wednesday is plenty of time for them to get their tickets. Everything left over should go to the public. Rope off the upper section of the endzone sections that went unclaimed above the students and make it first come first serve for SRO tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonpride View Post
    Word is around 1,000 student tickets still unclaimed for the SDSU game. Time for some changes. By Wednesday is plenty of time for them to get their tickets. Everything left over should go to the public. Rope off the upper section of the endzone sections that went unclaimed above the students and make it first come first serve for SRO tickets.
    Makes sense to me.

NDSU will sell them if they don't get claimed. NDSU did it last year, NDSU did it last game and NDSU will do it this game. 8am Friday morning they will sell them if available.

There is a process in place for this exact scenario.

Well, if this is a rivalry game, things sure have changed since i was in college.....

700-800 left. NDSU just blows out every team, thats the problem. With no QB this game will be over by halftime too.
    Then you have HALLOWEEN, kids going home to halloween parties, or just getting blacked out drunk friday night . Plus harvest & hunting.

ADD this all up and this is the result.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?