Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll be the first to apologize for the student section

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: I'll be the first to apologize for the student section

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    I am not a fan of removing seats from the student section. These are the future Team Makers, after all.

I do think improvements can be made. I feel we need to implement a Priority Points system for the students. They could be called something like "Bison Pride Points". These points could be used in many useful ways.

First: Reward for Loyalty. You get x points for attending a game. You get x points for each year as a student. You get x points for each hour of volunteer work. On and on and on.

Second: Ticket Distribution. Tickets are distributed in a manner where those with the highest points get first crack at them. Monday morning during the first hour you need to be in the highest tier of points to have access to tickets and on down the line.

Third: Seat Allocation. I think the single long line for students is a pain in the ass and a deterrent for some students. This could be improved by queuing up the students based on Bison Pride Points. Have multiple queue lines based on Bison Pride Points. Those with higher points, get in first...and on down the line.

Finally: Priority Points for the Future. At graduation your Bison Pride Points are converted to Team Maker Priority Points based on some conversion factor. I think this is one of the best parts. Your dedication pays off with a higher chance of getting season tickets if you want them.

A system like this won't solve low student turnout or staying the whole game, but it would be a good way to reward the students that care.
    Sounds like an administrative nightmare.

Personally I think it should be like the University of Minnesota. Students have to buy tickets for a small fee ($5-$10) and start selling them about two weeks before the game. Whatever is not sold, can go on sale to the general public the Monday of game week. If they paid something they would be more inclined to go. The argument would be is that they already pay some type of fee but how many students are paying this fee and are not able to go to the game.

Did fans get bored in the 80's during the championship season? I can't imagine that they did as I was a little too young to realize what was going on, but maybe this is a legit question. In any event, we'll all look back on this period of time as the glory days of NDSU football. Can't believe we have to argue about this. Montana fans don't seem to get bored after all the success they've had the past 20+ years. But I'm concerned that a good chunk of the fan base might jump off the bandwagon as quickly as they jumped on it. Hoping we can continue to enjoy successful football teams and full stadiums, but all this discussion seems to suggest otherwise. But I'm trying not to get wrapped up in the thoughts of a few posters on this board as it may not truly represent the fan base as a whole. But we've all noticed the atmosphere in the dome isn't what it has been the past couple season. And Site on Sound seems to be proving it.

Those of you looking for tickets...hold on a couple more seasons. Whether we keep winning and fans get bored, or we start losing and fans lose interest...sounds like tickets will be available.

Having said all this...let's make the playoffs, get home field, get batsh!t crazy in the stands, send the team to Frisco and forget this thread ever existed. Come playoffs, I'm certain the dome will be rocking, student section and TeamMakers included.
    "The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare."

"I've coached in a lot of great venues during my career, but there is no place louder than the Fargodome. There is no verbal communication whatsoever when you are down on that field. It's unbelievable. It's the best atmosphere in college football - at any level." - Jeff Monken

Quote Originally Posted by HotShot View Post
    Ah defending your love the midget. Cute.
    46 times!

We LOVE NDSU. How is this viewed as "hate"? We all LOVE NDSU. But there hasnt been competition in the home games this year so there has been empty seats leaving early going on. That's all we are saying. Cmon man. This thread is about why students aren't here an d why some seats are empty. This has nothing to do with any agenda. That thread is there.....this is here.
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 10-19-2014 at 08:28 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Not sure what your talking about. Ive been to 3 games this year so far. 2 home games that were blow outs. Keep deflecting.
    deflecting? youve been to 2 of the 4 home games. They get boring to some of us after NDSU seals the game up well into the second qtr.

it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    deflecting? youve been to 2 of the 4 home games. They get boring to some of us after NDSU seals the game up well into the second qtr.

it is what it is.
    SO QUIT GOING!!!!!!! Or shut up about it!!!!
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    SO QUIT GOING!!!!!!! Or shut up!
    Why? I like to go. If the opposing team makes the game competitive, its worth it. Pretty big if tho

The students really haven't changed all that much since the 80's. Only a small percentage has ever attended games.

Back then, an ID got you (and a guest) in. We DIDN'T leave in such large percentages early but that might have been because we didn't get as "thirsty". You really had to be a moron or actually try to get caught drinking then.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    I know but ONLY in Sections 10-12! And it wasn't advertised! IF the students don't take all of their seats... open up the TOP of sections 13-15 too, AA and above! I know they would fill those seats IF they would let ppl know!
    Why don't they use the Bison Tracker app to send out notifications when tickets become available, unused student tickets, returned oppenent tickets, etc? I know some fans don't have smart phones *wink* but most do and they send out all kinds of other announcements through this app so why not do this too and sell those extra tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post

it is what it is.
    You could take up knitting.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans