View Poll Results: How Superstitious are you?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Don't talk about the No Hitter

13 35.14%
  • 52-10...and if you don't know ask Longhorn

7 18.92%
  • My jersey may or maynot be lucky, I've only been around for 30 games

5 13.51%
  • I cross the black cats path...I'll show you.

12 32.43%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Superstious are you?

Default How Superstious are you?

After watching some of the routines that MLB players go through during playoff runs, and the hockey playoff beards. I thought I would ask the question here. How superstitious are you?

I was that guy that when I played sports it was always about the same gear under the uniform, I am even the same way now that I ref and as a fan. I have my lucky jersey(Broncos 94 throwback Elway jersey) that doesn't get washed unless the broncos lose. And the first Bison giveway shirt I got as a student, the clasic Bison nation shirt, its been to Iraq with me twice, but its survived from I believe the fall of 01.

Default Re: How Superstious are you?

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    After watching some of the routines that MLB players go through during playoff runs, and the hockey playoff beards. I thought I would ask the question here. How superstitious are you?

I was that guy that when I played sports it was always about the same gear under the uniform, I am even the same way now that I ref and as a fan. I have my lucky jersey(Broncos 94 throwback Elway jersey) that doesn't get washed unless the broncos lose. And the first Bison giveway shirt I got as a student, the clasic Bison nation shirt, its been to Iraq with me twice, but its survived from I believe the fall of 01.
    For the last four years, I haven't shaved my beard until the Bison football team either loses or wins the championship. In 2011 and 2012, I had a decent beard in Frisco, having shaved only once earlier that season.

Last year, my beard was epic...I even got my drivers license renewed with it before its removal. It received lots of attention in Frisco.

Of course this year, I have a fairly solid beard going.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

I might also add that NDSU has never lost on Saturdays or Thursdays when I have officiated, and it doesn't have to necessarily have to be FB, had a bball game during the semifinal game last year. Not sayin anything but 3 of next 4 weekends I have games, and I might have a game next saturday as well.

Gully hasnt changed his socks since the streak started.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

I'm waaaay too superstitious. For softball, I get dressed in the same order, stretch in the same order, run out to my position following the same path and my right foot always has to be the last to touch different landscapes (infield vs. outfield, fair vs. foul). For volleyball, much the same. And when in the front row on the sides, I have to start back behind the 10 foot line, wipe off both halves of one foot, step over the line, wipe the other halves of the other foot, step over line, wipe hands off. For bowling, pick up the ball the same way, step on the approach, put hand in ball, remove hand, blow in thumb hole, put hand in ball, check pins, check name, find mark, take a breath, and go. High five people in the same order and place poker cards under my phone. Take a drink. Make sure there's the same space from edge of table to edge of the phone as there is space from edge of drink napkin to the edge of the phone. Every year my Bison attire changes, but whatever I wear for the first game is what I wear for every game that corresponds to that color jersey. Thing that never changes is I must have a shot of Ice Hole with someone before we go in and we must say "Go Bison" before the shot. Also has to be my own Ice Hole. I can't get it from anyone else. Maybe I'm just OCD...
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

As a fan, I'm not superstitious. I do the not talking about a no hitter thing, but that's really just for fun, I don't think it's a jinx.

As a player, not that I was ever much of one, I had rituals and all that stuff, always wore the same undershirt, put the uniform on the same way every time, pre-shot routines, etc. I think it helps you get and keep your mind right.

I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Watch steelers alone. They win.

Watch Notre Dame in my living room. They win.

If either of those plans deviate... It doesn't end well. Notre Dame lost to Bama because of me.

No superstition with the bison. They seem to do just fine. However every UND football game I've been to they have lost. Like 0-3. Will likely be in south bend for that one next year so you all are welcome.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    Watch steelers alone. They win.

Watch Notre Dame in my living room. They win.

If either of those plans deviate... It doesn't end well. Notre Dame lost to Bama because of me.

No superstition with the bison. They seem to do just fine. However every UND football game I've been to they have lost. Like 0-3. Will likely be in south bend for that one next year so you all are welcome.
    Yep, that's a nice sacrifice -- a Notre Dame loss for the NDSU win...
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm a baseball player...so yeah.