Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trevor Gebhart

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Trevor Gebhart

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Gebhart was contributing quite a bit a couple years back, then he dropped a couple passes and wasn't in a lot since. I was hoping he'd get more catches this year.

Hansen said on the radio something to the effect it was surprising which receiver stepped up. He works hard when he's in there and he can do a lot for the Bison. I'm glad to see it. Yes it was only one pass but that's all it takes to give the receivers the confidence to roll.
    He had some very nice catches vs Colorado St.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Trevor has had some killer blocks this year. He had a couple nice ones yesterday too. Don't have to catch the big TD pass to be a solid team player.
    This^^^^. He's one of the best blocking WR on the team and has really helped on some of those big running plays.

Team player. Great to see him get a big catch.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Nice pass, nice catch but even better when he out ran the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    Yes. Nice burst and enough evasiveness.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

tcbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I love players like Gephart. He does the little things that need to be done and doesn't always show up big in the stats. Team players willing to do whatever it takes to help the team win. He could play elsewhere in a passing offense and put up good numbers but he is a team player that help the Bison win.

17 Times Football National Champions
    BISON PRIDE!

I isolated on Trevor a number of times yesterday while shooting a few photos. He would split wide. Then if it was a typical power run, he would bust his hump to the inside and look for / make a downfield block on the safety. If the run was coming his way, he would take a step or two on the slant, then lower his shoulder into the defender. Yes, he would hold the block. The kid has hustle and skill! And yes, his play and his attitude have impressed me from day one.

Lakes, you can blow your step it up comment out the same blow hole you usually use as can a number of other detractors. He set up the big play by blocking aggressively and helping the defender forget his role. If anything, he needs to have his number called more often. To me, he is the complete football player and the player who plays for and gives his all for the team.

Love this team and respect each and every one of the players!
    Rock

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria." --- Benjamin Franklin

Surprised that southern speed couldnt catch him.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Surprised that southern speed couldnt catch him.
    I think it's possible that Coach Vern talked the S & C coach into carbo loading their players to close to game time.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    He is clearly fast than he looks. He just ran away from the guy chasing him.