Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome videoboards

Default Re: Fargodome videoboards

Quote Originally Posted by EndZoneQB View Post
    Why are you having trouble thinking outside the box? It's not like they will be the scoreboards with a video screen inside them. You realize they can make them taller too, right? Just keep the aspect ratio...think about it guise.

Did you seriously ask if they would format differently with HD sources going to SDTVs? Lol really? It's not capable of displaying HD resolution, why even keep them for replays? You do know that HD is more than just the aspect ratio right?

Absolutely ridiculous this is even an argument/discussion.
    Well I have a tube tv hooked up to an HD directv receiver and it works just fine, it shows a standard def picture. Why would an analog board not be able to display a standard def picture from an HD source? We're not talking about an over the air antenna here.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Well I have a tube tv hooked up to an HD directv receiver and it works just fine, it shows a standard def picture. Why would an analog board not be able to display a standard def picture from an HD source? We're not talking about an over the air antenna here.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

why the hell are you wasting money paying for an HD receiver to have a tube tv hooked up to it

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    why the hell are you wasting money paying for an HD receiver to have a tube tv hooked up to it
    Doesnt matter why. It works. It just has a square around it to reformat. And I don't pay extra for an HD receiver, I pay 1 household fee for hd. Someday I'll upgrade my garage tv

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Man, we need a loss. We need something real to over analyze.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

If you read the WIU game thread, you would have thought we lost already. Hopefully everyone found the ledge they were all standing on and backed off. Although I'm sure the window was plastic wrapped and sealed with duct tape due to the ebola scare, so I'm sure they couldn't have actually fallen out anyway...
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

^^^this minus the actual loss

We need one like the Jaguars on one end zone. And one like the Royals scoreboard but instead of the shape of the Royals logo, one in the shape of the Bison logo on the other. The Jags scoreboard is new this year and is the largest scoreboard in the world.

Problem solved!

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

After looking at the pics , I didn't realize how small the 4 corner boards are compared to the endzone .

I formally withdraw my complaining

Curious if they can do anything useful with the endzone boards we have now. They are decent boards

Yeah lets make them real big so the people in the endzone have an obstructed view. Ah hell just make them huge then they could just watch the game on the video board.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."