Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fargodome videoboards

Default Fargodome videoboards

Last sat I went up north to watch und vs. Montana and yes I hated the anus center but there video boards blow the doors off of the domes does anyone know if there are any plans for new HD boards. I have emailed the dome but no answer and that was the only thing good about that place

Default Re: Fargodome videoboards

Read Post #48 under thread: My expert analysis of the Fargodome experience.

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Read Post #48 under thread: My expert analysis of the Fargodome experience.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...542#post918542
    Quote Originally Posted by donnbryantNDSU View Post
    I have a very creditable source, and I also know first hand, there will be a enormous upgrade to the video board systems. From my gatherings, an announcement will be made about this once the contract and budget is finalized.

The Plan:

Step 1: New HD cameras will be installed for video replay and replace the current cameras in the FD. This should take place after the current season, and will be available for the 2015 season.

Step 2: Removal of the two large scoreboards in the North & South Endzones. In its place will be two HD video boards (one in each end zone) and will be roughly the same size as the scoreboards they replace. This will be installed and up for the 2016 season.

Step 3: The current "minitrons" in the four corners will serve the purpose of scoreboards (score, time, TOL, down and distance, etc.).

Take this info to the bank, nothing is obviously official but I would bet the farm that an announcement about these plans, or something VERY SIMILAR, will be announced at some point during the remainder of the current football season.

Not sure about the concourse TV's but i assume those will be replaced as well.

Feel free to reference this post after the announcement. GO BISON!
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BAT67 View Post
    Last sat I went up north to watch und vs. Montana and yes I hated the anus center but there video boards blow the doors off of the domes does anyone know if there are any plans for new HD boards. I have emailed the dome but no answer and that was the only thing good about that place
    I like your use of adjectives.
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Using the 4 corner tvs for stats seems kind of stupid if you ask me. The resolution is meh but it is unique and gives everyone good views of the field. The shape of the endzone video boards is an odd shape for replays and as a fan I would think of this as a downgrade.

I would keep the 4 corner boards the same and use the endzone ones as a combination of replays, stats, and advertising.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

2 hd boards the length of the end zone on each side is way better than 4 corner ones.

That'd be sick.it'd be like a mini Houston Texan set up at reliant.

Using the corners for stats would be perfect. You can't read the stats as they are set up right now besides the one you're closest to or sit mid field

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Corner screens won't work for HD. They are useless for anything but stats and ads.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Prolly should have at least one corner screen dedicated to teh NOSIB.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    2 hd boards the length of the end zone on each side is way better than 4 corner ones.

That'd be sick.it'd be like a mini Houston Texan set up at reliant.

Using the corners for stats would be perfect. You can't read the stats as they are set up right now besides the one you're closest to or sit mid field

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Completely agree with this. It's what I've hoped for all along. Hope it comes true.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

Should just pump it up and have a center hung replay screen a la the Dallas Cowboys... /purple