Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 Rankings

Default Re: 2014 Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by onbison09 View Post
    What's the most we've had? 3?
    I had to do some research. It looks like the record is 4.

Year Weight Wrestler Wins Place
    2007 125 Eric Hoffman 0
    149 Ryan Adams 1
    197 Jacob Bryce 0
    2008 125 Eric Hoffman 2
    149 Ryan Adams 0
    197 Jacob Bryce 0
    2010 141 Ryan Adams 0
    157 Vince Salminen 0
    2011 125 Trent Sprenkle 3
    157 Vince Salminen 0
    2012 125 Trent Sprenkle 3
    157 Steven Monk 3
    184 Mac Stoll 1
    2013 125 Trenk Sprenkle 6 5th
    165 Steven Monk 3
    184 Mac Stoll 0
    285 Evan Knutson 1
    2014 165 Steven Monk 5 3rd
    174 Hayden Zillmer 0
    184 Kurtis Julson 2
    285 Evan Knutson 0

Josh Rodriguez is on the front page at http://intermatwrestle.com/ today, after jumping up to #13. The team jumped up to #19 in the dual meet rankings. Zillmer and Knutson are holding steady at #9 and #15.

17>1 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

On that bus trip to the cities last Friday for that Minny Iowa dual, someone mentioned to me how fun it was to go to Nationals. He told me a 3 day pass is something like $200+ and that just seems a bit rich for my blood. Told him it would mean more to me if I had a specific wrestler or wrestlers to cheer for. Sure would be cool seeing some Bison guys there and maybe in the not so distant future seeing Jordan Shearer there for UNL. Anyone ever attended Nationals before?
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 12>1 View Post
    On that bus trip to the cities last Friday for that Minny Iowa dual, someone mentioned to me how fun it was to go to Nationals. He told me a 3 day pass is something like $200+ and that just seems a bit rich for my blood. Told him it would mean more to me if I had a specific wrestler or wrestlers to cheer for. Sure would be cool seeing some Bison guys there and maybe in the not so distant future seeing Jordan Shearer there for UNL. Anyone ever attended Nationals before?
    I've been there a few times, and it's a pretty unique and awesome for wrestling as our sport doesn't see that many fans in one setting, except for in Iran (might be the craziest fan base ever). Even though the times I went, NDSU and Air Force didn't have anyone contending for an All-American status, the atmosphere and history in the making was worthwhile. If you want to just go for one day or even just one session, the finals are worth it as they put on a great show. I expect an exciting competition this year as the National Championship is wide open with Iowa, Missouri, Minnesota and Ohio State in contention to win. I also expect Penn State and Oklahoma State to be in the fight for the title.

NDSU wise, I hope they can finish in the Top-20.
    Hail the BISON!!!

I'll be attending my second NCAA tourney this year and I loved the first one. Totally worth the money. I may have been spoiled with my first one though. My first one was two years ago and I had seats in the 2nd row, just off of center for the finals. Paid $40 for them from a scalper and got a 2nd row seat to watch Dake vs Taylor. That was also the year Trent Sprenkle AA'd for NDSU's first AA since the transition. It was in Iowa, and to get to AA status, Sprenkle had to beat reigning 2x NCAA champ Matt McDonough from Iowa. Probably 60-75% of the crowd were Iowa fans and it was awesome, and they were stunned. The rest of the crowd was cheering and screaming like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I'll be attending my second NCAA tourney this year and I loved the first one. Totally worth the money. I may have been spoiled with my first one though. My first one was two years ago and I had seats in the 2nd row, just off of center for the finals. Paid $40 for them from a scalper and got a 2nd row seat to watch Dake vs Taylor. That was also the year Trent Sprenkle AA'd for NDSU's first AA since the transition. It was in Iowa, and to get to AA status, Sprenkle had to beat reigning 2x NCAA champ Matt McDonough from Iowa. Probably 60-75% of the crowd were Iowa fans and it was awesome, and they were stunned. The rest of the crowd was cheering and screaming like crazy

Pretty cool venue for wresting isn't it. Story is they built it for wrestling but they let basketball use it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."