Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Southern Illinois preview

Default 2014 Southern Illinois preview

http://thesouthern.com/sports/siu-ba...0f759d57b.html

From the article above, "The SIU football team has more rushing touchdowns than anyone in the Missouri Valley Football Conference, and expects to add two of its top runners back into the rotation for this weekend's game at top-ranked North Dakota State."

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2014 Southern Illinois preview

Our close call and run D vs WIU has to have SIU chomping at the bit. I actually think that we will be better vs SIU because of that game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Our close call and run D vs WIU has to have SIU chomping at the bit. I actually think that we will be better vs SIU because of that game.
    This. Coach said they had a bad front that allowed the big runs and as soon as they went from it, lock down. I think he said something like "I think that kid had zero yards in the 4th quarter"

Not sure where everyone else is at this point. It seems to me that the "streak" just may be in jeopardy this weekend. We need TD's, not field goals. Needing a trick play to get our first TD doesn't seem like a recipe for success. Not sure if it's execution or play calling, but improvement is needed on both ends

SIU salooks 52

ndsu 10

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

SIU, another Valley team who has been very tough against the run so far this year. Offensive adjustments?

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    SIU, another Valley team who has been very tough against the run so far this year. Offensive adjustments?
    I'm hoping they go with a few more screens or play action roll out passes to the TE's. I also like the jet sweep plays to keep defenses honest and spread out. Seemed to really work on the last drive.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

This game makes me nervous, but we'll pull through. Crockett goes for 100 yards rushing and Wentz throws for 200+.
    Bison- 23
    SIU- 13

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Receivers other then RJ need to step it up to get to 30 wins. Man this week is taking forever. I haven't thought this in a long time but I really hope that I'm listing to this game from a combine and not watching from the north end zone. Siu Superbowl this week. Peace out BV I'm going to work for a couple days.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Receivers other then RJ need to step it up to get to 30 wins. Man this week is taking forever. I haven't thought this in a long time but I really hope that I'm listing to this game from a combine and not watching from the north end zone. Siu Superbowl this week. Peace out BV I'm going to work for a couple days.
    Other WR like Gebhart have. Maybe throw to them when wide open. Don't understand it sometimes. #3 was open in endzone twice in 4th qtr. Wentz was running for his life which is why he didn't see him, but I am tired of people always blaming the WR. and saying they need to step up. #3 threw some great blocks again on Saturday.